Strategic Finance, Finance & Accounting
in San Francisco, California
About the Role
Reporting to the Director of the CommOps (Community Operations) Finance team, you will help scale the financial planning, analytics and reporting capabilities across US & Canada to empower the business decision makers. You will play a key role in all aspects of US & Canada planning and analysis and make significant contributions to high-profile strategic and operational initiatives. So if you're ready to dive into a rewarding set of challenges and you've got the proven financial skills, experience, passion, and strong team mentality - read on and get in touch!
What You'll Do
- Leadership and business partnering: you will lead a team of 1-2 associates/analysts and work cross-functionally with over a hundred leaders across CommOps and Strategic Finance to develop financial forecasts and operational goals, apply business judgment and financial insights to assist and influence with decision making
- Financial planning and analysis: you will be the primary point of contact for all things finance-related for the US & Canada region (including monthly reporting, forecasting, goal setting and modeling lead)
- Monthly close: lead your team to help analyze variances between actuals, forecast, and plan - use insights to iterate on forecasts and create/discuss potential action plans with your team and the cross-functional stakeholders
- Partner with Finance-related stakeholders: expect some "housecleaning" work partnering with Accounting, Tax, Financial Operations Teams to guarantee correct allocations and provide inputs to enhance finance overall processes
- Process improvement: help us scale / transition from startup to enterprise. Part of this is maturing our planning processes, part is ensuring finance best practices spread through the organization
- Special projects / ad hoc analyses: new initiatives, products, risks and opportunities are constantly arising. You will help to financially evaluate and help drive these important initiatives beyond traditional FP&A on a variety of projects
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, Economics; MBA strongly preferred
- A minimum of 7-9 years in Corporate Finance, FP&A, Strategy Consulting, Investment Banking, but we may consider other candidates if they meet the rest of the requirements
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and managing projects: numbers are key, but a business is built with people and you will need to manage dozens of different stakeholders
- Experience building relationships across all levels of an organization and presenting to anyone from executive leadership to project teams
- Structured thinking, with experience framing and solving problems with experience in modeling and analytics
- Knowledge of the P&L and top/bottom line drivers
- Experience in data visualization and business intelligence
- Attention to detail: consistent with swift execution. We need to do things quickly and we need to do them well. Striking that balance can be challenging and this should be a strength of yours
About the Team
As our company continues to expand, the CommOps Finance team is doing the same. We are building a multicultural team of leaders to tackle the challenges of efficiently scaling our global business. We want you to bring considerable skills and experience to this role, but also humility and a team-player attitude, recognizing there's always more to learn and it's more fun doing it as part of a team.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.