Product Management, Product
in San Francisco, California
About the Role
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and business-oriented product leader for a new confidential effort to expand Uber's business and increase driver earnings.
You will effectively be the CEO of this new product, responsible for defining the team's roadmap, proving the value of investment, and ultimately leading a wide-ranging cross functional team's execution.
What You'll Do
As the Senior Product Manager for this confidential project, you will do all of the following:
- Define and launch an MVP pilot: you'll work closely with Operations, Engineering, Design, Finance, and Business Development to determine the minimum necessary we need to build and deploy to determine whether the new business is one worth pursuing long term.
- Lead execution of a wide ranging cross function: you'll be the hub of this new effort, responsible for ensuring your cross function is executing against agreed upon milestones. You'll further communicate progress against milestones to senior leadership.
- Participate in partner negotiations and integrations: as part of the MVP, you'll work with a number of external companies to outsource functionality Uber does not have core capability in. You'll be a key decision maker in defining what we outsource, at what terms, and under what time horizons.
- Scale a pilot: you'll work closely with Data Science to define an experiment plan, set of tracking metrics, and conditions upon which you'd further rollout this new initiative. In this capacity you will prepare executive level updates.
- Define a long term roadmap: assuming a pilot goes well, you'll then work to define what functionality we add to this initiative, what markets we scale out to, and how the project can create synergies with the rest of the Uber network.
What You'll Need
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a Product Manager (candidates with minimum 6 years of experience as management consultants or software engineers also considered).
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated experience delivering executive level presentations as well as detailed product requirement documentation.
- Prior experience collaborating with designers to launch front end features.
- Prior experience collaborating with engineers with demonstrated ability to understand and tradeoff engineering cost against business goals.
- Prior experience collaborating with Business Development, specifically in helping facilitate and negotiate terms with external parties.
- Demonstrated analytical capability, with prior financial experience a plus.
Questions you'll address in the role:
- How can Uber quickly learn whether this new business is one worth pursuing?
- What is the minimum necessary to build in order to prove the value of this new business?
- What functionality of this project can we strategically outsource?
- What must happen, in what order, to launch this project from the ground up?
- If proven successful, how might we scale this business?
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.