About the Role
On the Uber Eats Regional Operations team, we're helping to scale our most impactful processes and initiatives, support markets, and drive innovation in the business. You'll be responsible for developing data-driven insights, creating strategies, and managing projects to improve the experience for eaters, couriers, and restaurants across the US and Canada. You'll work closely with Product, Engineering, Legal, and Finance to launch your projects and drive Eats' growth.
What You'll Do
- Thought Leadership: Be truth-seeking with data, set high standards for the team to think boldly and creBe efficient, be biased toward action
- Strategy and Planning: Use data and analytics to support strategic planning and resource allocation processes and general insight creation for business opportunities and gaps
- Business Intelligence: Develop analytical frameworks and drive analysis on important strategic decisions in order to continue to optimize our US business
Ideate: Bring bold ideas to the table, whether that be testing new product experiences, business models, or other bold experiments
Scope: Develop business cases and go to market strategies for incubation opportunities
- Experiment: Take the lead on tests of new initiatives with an "all hands on deck" approach, and playbook your learnings to help shape the future of our business.
- Analyze: Quantify everything you do. Utilize data-driven decision making to understand the performance of experiments to ensure the highest return on investment projects are being prioritized.
- Iterate: Be committed to finding the best solutions through iteration and learning from failure.
- Project Manage: Manage innovation projects and experiments end-to-end within budget and to the agreed timescale.
- Collaborate: We will be experimenting in spaces that are new to most of us and we'll want to collaborate closely with our colleagues in other regions and other functional teams.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of proven experience in management consulting, investment banking, strategy, operations, startup or related experience
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA is a big plus
- Creative mindset that enjoys experimentation and is willing to take bold bets despite risk of failure
- Project manager who can create meticulously detailed execution plans for large-scale projects and then deliver them to plan regardless of any surprises or ambiguity along the way
- Data-driven approach to decision making and sound business judgment to determine project performance and financial viability, grounded in analytical thinking
- Great collaborator and someone who proactively partners across teams while holding them accountable for business results
- Strong communication skills; ability to distill complex data sets into simple and digestible takeaways for senior leaders and managers
- Data-driven decision making mentality, sound business judgment, and the ability to back your analysis up with meaningful analytical thinking
- Strong Excel and data management skills
- Proficiency in SQL, Python, R and/or Tableau is a big plus
- Thrive in ambiguous and fast paced environments
- Self-motivated, works independently and possess strong organization and time management skills
- A "driver" personality - bias toward action and master disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and execution
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.