About the Role
As a Senior Team Lead in our Manila Center of Excellence (COE), you will be responsible for the overall management and leadership of a small line of business/ sub-unit of an LOB/ shift, comprising of 3-5 Team Leads and/or 50-60 COE Specialists.
What we're looking for:
- Hustle - Uber moves fast, and runs lean. You're flexible, fearless, and never satisfied with the status quo. You have no problem stepping on other people's toes if it means pushing for the right idea that will help build awesome experiences for our users across the globe
- Ownership - You get things done. Passionate, self-driven and fearless, you are deeply committed to taking Uber support to the next level and rise to the occasion to solve problems, big and small. You don't wait around for other people to tell you what to do and have the initiative to solve problems on your own.
- Leadership - You're an enthusiastic people manager that can coach and guide your own team to deliver world class support day in and day out. There will be tough problems to solve but your team should feel ready and prepared to address anything that comes their way.
- Service orientation - As the voice of Uber to thousands of users, you'll use this opportunity to make evangelists out of our toughest haters. Your efforts will create more reasons for people to use Uber and to continue to trust us to get them where they need to go
- Excellent communication skills - The ability to speak, read, and write fluently in English is critical as you act as the voice of Uber to thousands of our users and communicate your ideas to internal stakeholders
What You'll Do
You are expected to:
- Manage performance and drive results: You will analyze, strategize, implement action items and motivate your team to meet and exceed targets on quality, efficiency/productivity, customer and costs, if applicable. You will also collaborate with other internal or external support teams critical to delivering results.
- Lead, coach, mentor and motivate people: As an early leader of a rapidly growing team, you will coach your TLs, develop your own people, guide them and work with them to achieve their full potential. You will lead by example, resolving the toughest of issues from customers and ensuring that your team constantly performs at a high level.
- Build and maintain stakeholder relationships: You will interact and collaborate with teams from the different regions and cities we support, constantly improving our level of service to customers through exceeding on agreed service levels.
- Drive accountability on policies, house rules and other guidelines: You will reinforce compliance to company policies such as house rules, attendance policy and PIP guidelines. You will ensure that you and your TLs do the right thing each time even if it means doing the difficult things.
- Lead improvements on support logic and processes:You will review, manage and lead enhancements to current policies and processes to ultimately win our employees, customers and stakeholders over.
- Naturally gifted at service, you'll use your unparalleled empathy and charm to turn angry users into our strongest advocates. Beyond this, you'll be training, mentoring, and leading your own team to provide that same level of service to all our users. You will balance the need to deliver a personal response that delights our users with the need to develop scalable systems to match Uber's rapid growth.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.