Business Development, Business Development & Sales
New York, New York |
San Francisco, California |
About the Role
The Uber Eats Strategic Planning and Analytics Associate will work with our Sales Operations leadership to set our sales strategy through planning and incentive design, build the analytics and insights behind the different sales segments, and work with our business partners to deliver on the strategy.
Based in San Francisco, New York, or Chicago, this is a role on the US and Canada Sales Operations team, which works in close partnership with our Operations and Sales leadership teams, as well as many cross-functional stakeholders across the global Eats business.
What You'll Do
- Set our sales strategy in partnership with our Operations and Sales leadership teams, aligning our sales goals to our business goals
- Address key strategic questions through analytical frameworks and insights to inform key decisions for our sales organization
- Understand the needs of our restaurant partners across all sales segments, identifying potential opportunities to help them grow on the Eats platform and empowering our sales and account management teams to make this a reality
- Implement pilots to improve our sales efficacy, spanning pricing, sales compensation, segmentation, and more
- Build dashboards to provide data and insights to our sellers, customer success managers, sales leaders, and cross-functional partners
- Communicate findings and insights to diverse audiences -- from senior leaders to new hires to subject matter experts
- Be a strategic thought partner to team members in different parts of the business
What You'll Need
- A minimum of 3 years of analytical or strategy experience (e.g., investment banking, strategy consulting, business operations at a tech company)
- Experience synthesizing information quickly, distilling key takeaways, and presenting insights to senior leadership
- Experience building deep relationships across a broad organization, fostering a warm and collaborative work environment, and understanding problems from diverse perspectives. Humility and empathy are critical to success in this role.
- High standards and a bias toward action: you can find the context and information you need through relationships across the organization, you push for clarity and delivery, and you hold a high bar from your contributions and those of the people you work with
- Effective, clear, and concise communication skills, verbal and written. Experience communicating with executives and cross-functional teams alike
- Experience working with large sets of structured and unstructured data and synthesizing into business insights (e.g., using SQL, Excel, Salesforce)
- Analytical skills and a desire to learn more technical skills. SQL experience highly preferred, Python or R experience is a plus. Experience with salesforce/Tableau also a plus.
- Bachelor's degree
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.