At Uber, providing amazing support for our users, our community, is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way. Uber Community Operations team is all about focusing on the best support for our users.
The Center of Excellences (COEs) are the heart of our network, they were designed to provide support via multiple channels such as email, phone, live chat and social media in order to ensure seamless experience before, during and after the ride/meal delivery. Their role is also to further improve product and operations, especially in the domain of support:
- Launching support for new products
- Improving existing support processes
- Developing innovative support techniques
- Providing business insights based on support interactions
We are looking for a Program Manager that will overlook programs for all 4 EMEA COEs - including implementing best practices, sponsoring initiatives and bring standardization to our processes.
As a COE Associate Program Manager within the EMEA Community Operations team, using strategic thinking and data, you'll be leading & executing programs.
What You'll Do
- Manage a Team of 8 Analysts within the COE, reporting to you directly
- Identify, scope and execute initiatives that improve our COE capacity, efficiency and/or excellence for our support operations in EMEA. This will be articulated around the following pillars:
- COE vision
- COE vision & culture, articulated and shared with the team
- Defined and communicates goals and strategy that will allow to achieve the vision
- Better structure the way COEs work with regional teams and Strategy & Planning to prepare for footprint decision-making
- Better coordinate lines of business (LOB) transfers between COEs
- Optimize recruiting processes resources spread between COEs
- Workforce Management
- Deploy Workforce Management tool in a standardized way
- Work Closely with WFM team to standardise Workforce Management policies and procedures in our COEs
- HR / Communication:
- Design and implement a EMEA COE communication plans for project in scope
- Facilitate the implementation of the career progression plans and performance scheme
- Create career path for specialists and senior roles
- Organization: ensure that COE orgs are efficient and meeting local business requirement
- Performance management:
- Defining a way to track productive hours/shrinkage/attrition, to better follow/compare performance
- Develop a common framework to track financials and Travel & Expense spend. This would encourage costs benchmark between COEs in order to better control budgets
- Ensure more consistency in the KPI targets per Line Of Business (LOB) across COEs
- Develop consistent tools/approach for support consultants and specialists, performance reporting and management
- Operations management/continuous improvement:
- Define standardized approach for Job Descriptions across COE, to clarify Roles & Responsibilities (R&R)
- Implement visual management best practices to gain efficiency
- Set up and animate a network of continuous improvement Point Of Contact (POC) through the COEs
- Complete implementation of quality reviews with quality managers and reviewers
- Define and implement the Roles & Responsibilities (R&R) of the quality team
- Deploy a systematic customer satisfaction analysis with action plan based on findings
- Learning and development:
- Help the Learning & Development (L&D) team build L&D programs capturing both operational needs and support consultants personal development, by better coordinating COE asks, pushing for alignment, and sharing local L&D initiatives
- Coordinate with facilities team, preventing conflicting priorities
- Make recommendations and decisions based on the data as well as consultation with management and SMEs
- Develop and execute multi-track plans with many dependencies quickly and with flawless accuracy; this will be a mix of managing others and having more on-the-ground approach.
- Build scalable, agile processes for our growing COE needs.
What You'll Need
- 4+ years in project management or internal operations management
- Experience in managing large scale complex projects/programs
- Experience in the management of support operations is a strong plus
- People Management. Experience of managing a small team of high performing individual contributors
- Stakeholders management - Drive the program in a wide and multiple organization impacting a lot of stakeholders across EMEA
- Program Management - Ability to lead, drive and structure a multi-stream programs
- Strategic Thinking - You always think a few steps ahead, solve problems before they happen and observe problems from all angles
- Self-driven & naturally curious - You excel at independently discovering solutions to complex problems; You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate
- Bias for action - You execute fiercely and drive results in a big way
- Process-oriented - You love efficiency and creating smart processes that are nimble and effective
- Eloquent- You remain calm, cool and collected in a rapidly changing environment; You are self-aware and well-spoken in meetings
The role is based in our Limerick Center of Excellence (Ireland)
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.