About the Role
Our Payroll team is looking to add a hands-on, detail-oriented Payroll Supervisor to our rapidly growing finance team in San Francisco. As a member of the North America Payroll GPO team, you will be working closely with our Payroll Delivery team in Bangalore as well as upstream partners of Payroll such as our People Ops, Global Benefits, Stock, Mobility, Cash Mgmt, Accounting, Tax, Legal, and external consultants to ensure local compliance.
What You'll Do
- Be responsible for and lead the day-to-day payroll process for the assigned pay groups in the US and Canada, including terminations and off-cycle processes as executed by the India Delivery Center team and supported by the Global Process Ownership team in SF.
- Ensure timely and accurate end-to-end, on-cycle payroll process.
- Responsible for the generation and posting of payroll related journal entries, performing account reconciliations of key payroll accounts, and supporting month end close activities.
- Manage quarterly tax adjustments and year end process activities.
- Ensure appropriate documentation for operational process and procedures are in place and adhered to as part of operations.
- Confirm required controls are validated and cleared as part of routine payroll processing; raise any exceptions or discrepancies as related to application and business controls to management.
- Keep internal and external payroll processing documentation up to date (e.g., data collection templates, processing schedule, checklist, DTPs, intranet).
- Complete and validate processes designed for control and compliance of payroll processing.
- Ensure timely and accurate responses to field questions.
- Manage the employee support ticketing system and ensure SLA's are maintained with world class customer support
- Work with the Payroll Manager to implement on-going system improvements according to organization goals, policies and procedures, and new laws and regulations
- Support the Payroll Manager with other projects and tasks as required.
- Prepare and or assist with specific ad-hoc payroll reports.
- Collaborate with the other department and provide cross-functional guidance and support as needed.
- Manage agency notice processing while keeping all jurisdictional data up to date in internal/external systems
- Support various internal and external audits, domestic and international.
- Participate in new system implementations and or improvements related to payroll process and perform user testing.
- Provide guidance to and shares knowledge with team members relating to payroll rules and regulations.
What You'll Need
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field
- A minimum of 8 years of experience managing the end to end US payroll process
- Experience in multiple Payroll tools and systems including but not limited to support/ticketing, project management, cloud storage, etc.
- Experience and proficiency in Workday Payroll is required.
- Lead experience and ability to manage remote staff.
- General knowledge of principles and practices within human resources and benefit administration and tax reporting.
- Broad and local Subject Matter Expertise of US specific employee benefits and payroll tax.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail and completeness
- Proficiency in Excel
- Project management skills.
- Business process improvement skills and a mind for automation
- Hands-on, strong work ethic and can-do attitude. Ability to adapt and change when needed.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate key information and status to stakeholders.
- Experience with multi-state/province payrolls
- Ability to work in a fast paced and evolving environment
- ADP SmartCompliance
- Microsoft Office
- Google Gmail, Docs, Slides, Calendar, Drive and Sheets
- Equity and Benefits payroll processing
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.