About the Role
Our Strategic Sourcing team is looking to add a hands-on, details-oriented Global Supply Chain Manager to join the Uber Technology and Infrastructure Supply Chain team based in Palo Alto. We are looking for someone who has strong attention to details, passionate with advanced knowledge of sourcing, vendor management, commodity management and supply chain.
What You'll Do
- Experience in communicating and presenting to all levels.
- Implement supply chain models/processes to support supply chain requirements and financial controls.
- Maintain an accurate record for tracking and monitoring server purchase orders through delivery to datacenters
- Manage the development of build of material leveraging product lifecycle management, supplier manufacturing processes and ERP purchasing systems, BOM structure, ECO/ECN.
- Contracts, drive NDA's/ MPSA/SOW's from start to end, partner with legal
- Develop, negotiate, and manage supplier contracts.
- Drive RFP/RFQ/QBR's
- Participation in cross-functional projects with shifting priorities within critical due dates
- Set equipment sourcing strategy, develop a supporting supplier management plan and execute to achieve performance metrics.
- Alignment of NPI BOM's to AVL and commodity technologies.
- Complete TCO analysis to ensure project cost are meeting or beating cost objectives.
- Communicate forecast and verify fulfillment from a materials perspective.
- Manage supplier performance on a regular basis through the use of cost, quality and delivery metrics.
- Ensure supplier adherence to delivery schedules (manage, track, escalate and solve).
- Manage all supplier schedule exceptions and drive performance improvements.
What You'll Need
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain Management, Material Management, Engineering, Business or an IT-related field or equivalent practical experience (10 years minimum).
- Excellent project management skills
- NPI process end-end
- Experience in data center, networking and/or large-scale supply chain/manufacturing operations
- Previous experience managing or building manufacturing level parts management solutions
- Experience in LEAN manufacturing
- Ability to think strategically and operate tactically
- Ability to drive change and improve end-to-end processes
- Positive attitude and always looking for solutions
- Global supply chain experience working with cross-functional teams
- Knowledge in market analysis to dissect market size, players, customers, growth, technology replacements/forecasts, pricing trends, etc., to formulate sourcing strategies
- Knowledge in financial statement analysis to derive should-cost models and cost competitiveness/financial strengths of suppliers, as well as gathering market intelligence
- Experience articulating points of view with executive management but execute plans when directed
- Knowledge in supplier evaluation/selection, should cost models, contract negotiation and supply base management
- Bilingual English and Chines ( preferable ).
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.