Central Operations, Operations & Launch
in Washington, District of Columbia
This role would require relocation to San Francisco.
Uber is looking for a sharp, results-oriented, analytical leader to join our US & Canada Rides Regulatory Strategy & Operations team under Central Operations. If you love setting a vision, managing cross-functional stakeholders, and leading a strong operations team, then this role is for you. The ideal candidate will excel at making processes more efficient and automated so as to deliver on key business goals that ensure regulatory compliance and unlock growth.
The Regulatory Strategy & Operations Team is responsible for owning, executing, and helping shape the overall compliance strategy for US & Canada. The team works to standardize and centralize processes across the US & Canada jurisdictions and provide advice to local teams on how to execute their processes more efficiently. The overall goal of everything we do is to ensure safety on Uber's platform, drive strategy and compliance with regulatory-related requirements, create efficiency and add automation.
We are looking for a skilled operator with a strong eye towards efficiency who understands the inherent relationship between regulatory compliance, safety, and growth. The ideal candidate will not only thrive in ambiguous environments but also have strong stakeholder management and communication skills. You will help set the standards for the ridesharing industry and for how Uber operates at not only at the US & Canada level but at a global scale.
Areas of focus could include:
- Background Checks
- Documents and Compliance-related Marketplace
- Regional Compliance Strategy
- Compliance Experience
What You'll Do
- Vision: Work closely with business leaders across the company to develop business strategies, operational processes and products related to compliance with regulatory requirements and internal safety standards.
- Team Management: Whether managing a team or coaching individuals, you'll provide leadership, feedback and coaching to a team of highly-specialized operations specialists to support their respective projects and advocate on their behalf where appropriate.
- Thought Leadership: Work with leadership to set strategic priorities, align regional and company vision, and push the thinking to continue innovating
- Subject Matter Expertise: Identify and own specific subject matter or process areas and act as a key point person for any related cross-functional issues.
- Program/Project and Stakeholder Management: Be the glue that brings teams together (Finance, Product, Marketing, Public Affairs, Legal, Engineering, People Operations, etc.) to ensure high standards for regulatory compliance. Be a hustling multi-tasker, driving cross-functional groups to decisions on strategically important questions.
- Process Improvement: Identify operational and structural weaknesses and help improve existing or develop new processes to keep us as efficient as possible.
- Scale: Analyze business operations and ensure we are operating at the highest possible scale while also leveraging our in-market resources
What You'll Need
- 8+ years of ops experience, preferably in a compliance / policy-related field, and /or investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience; some entrepreneurial experience is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience managing a rapidly growing team with multiple direct reports.
- Clear communicator. You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the important points, and disseminate actionable insights.
- Demonstrated decision-making skill. You think critically about all angles of a problem, digging in deeper where needed, and make smart long-term decisions.
- Strategic planning. You break down broad problems to create prioritized forward-thinking action plans.
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- The ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
- Comfort with ambiguity. You are unfazed by executing on projects where all the information is not always available and priorities can change as more data comes to bear.
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills.
- Undergraduate degree required. MBA is a plus.
- SQL proficiency strongly preferred.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.