About the Role
Passionate about high-growth startups and have very strong accounting skills? Are you a proven team player, strategic thinker and executor? Then let's talk. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Global Revenue. In this challenging role, you will develop detailed and efficient close processes, streamline domestic and international reporting, work cross functionally and maintain responsibility of several key critical accounting projects.
What You'll Do
- Own one or more lines of business, region(s), and product offerings worldwide. Manage month end close for areas including but not limited to: revenue, partner payments, rider/driver incentives, accounts receivable, allowance for doubtful accounts, revenue to cash reconciliation
- Help lead critical accounting projects, including the design and implementation of key finance systems, global close efficiency, IPO readiness and management reporting
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Analyze and research revenue accounting matters including but not limited to: revenue recognition, sales reserves, and incentive accounting. Provide accurate and comprehensive documentation of issues identified and resolutions reached. Work closely with the Technical Revenue Accounting team to document policies and accounting conclusions
- Work cross functionally with Finance, Legal, Fintech, Product & Engineering and various business owners on a variety of projects. Advise Product and Operations teams on the accounting impact of new and existing initiatives or launches to the Company's financial statements
- Collaborate with Internal Audit; walkthrough, develop and document processes and key controls in the order to cash cycle
- Mentor, teach and review the work of other supporting members of the accounting team
What You'll Need
- Extensive knowledge of revenue recognition in US GAAP and experience in performing technical revenue research
- Proven ability to collaborate with Finance Engineering to build audit ready Revenue systems
- Experience auditing, implementing or operating in a SOX effective environment
- Exposure to electronic payment processing, working with PSPs, and have an understanding of a mature company order-to-cash cycle
- Ability to read and write SQL query is a big plus
- Month-end close experience required; experience with Oracle preferred
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines is required
- Strong Excel skills, comfortable with extremely large data set volume
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment a plus
- 7+ years professional experience; public accounting background at a Big 4 preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- CPA a plus
About the Team
We build scalable & controlled processes and help implement accounting systems and automation for our Global Accounting function.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.