About the Role
We're looking for an exceptional attorney to join our Consumer Products legal team, which supports the product teams responsible for the technology and products that power millions of trips around the world every day.
What You'll Do
- Serve as a front-line attorney advising Uber's global rideshare business.
- Identify and resolve wide-ranging legal issues, including consumer protection, employment, privacy, data security, transactional and commercial law, litigation risk, intellectual property, licensing, and antitrust, working directly with business clients to provide on-the-ground support.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in the Consumer Products legal team and other in-house legal teams, such as Employment, Privacy, IP, and Marketing, to provide comprehensive advice, and solve legal problems quickly for the teams you support.
- Review products, features, and initiatives to assess legal compliance across multiple jurisdictions, from the early stages of product development through launch.
- Draft terms and conditions, FAQs, legal disclaimers, and other policies governing the use of Uber products and services.
- Create and implement policies and practices to ensure consistent implementation of legal guidance and alignment on risks.
Draft, review and negotiate commercial agreements, including non- disclosure, master services, promotional, and software licensing agreements.
What You'll Need
- J.D. and license to practice law in at least one state. If not California licensed, must be eligible for in-house counsel registration.
- Minimum of five (5) years of legal experience in private practice and/or in-house.
- Experience analyzing and advising on a wide range of legal issues.
- Confidence operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to perform in nimble, rapidly changing and growing environments.
- Strong team orientation encouraging communication and cooperation across organizations and functions.
- Inquisitiveness, along with the ability to spot issues, get to the heart of a matter, and articulate plans to address them.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated experience working with business leaders.
- Collaborative approach with both business and legal groups, with strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner with others.
- Passionate about your work and a desire to have a big impact.
- Enthusiastic about Uber!
Bonus Points if you have:
- Experience with consumer products, technology platforms, and/or marketplaces.
- Experience providing legal support for matters involving multiple international jurisdictions.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.