About the Role
The Senior Strategy & Planning Associate on the US Cities team will play a crucial role in working with leadership to drive the team's organizational effectiveness, guide the overall US Cities strategy and important ongoing strategic decisions, execute on special projects, and other key activities.
Core focuses include:
- Enablement of the Head of US Cities and leadership team: Facilitate leadership meetings and summits, design and execute reporting cadences, create leadership communications for both internal and external stakeholders
- Strategy and planning: Use data and analytics to support strategic planning and resource allocation processes and general insight creation for business opportunities and gaps
- Special projects: Ownership of key strategic projects - past examples include (1) building the business case and execution plan to launch ENT-only markets to maintain partner exclusivity or (2) building the business case and execution plan to allow restaurant partners to offer grocery/convenience items
This role works closely with the Head of US Cities and US Cities leadership team - as well as the broader US/CAN Uber Eats leadership team, S&P, Regional Ops, and others.
The role requires a broad skill set. A successful candidate will require exceptional stakeholder management, analytical, communication, and problem solving skills.
What You'll Do
- Leadership team facilitation: Plan and facilitate leadership team summits and meetings
- Communications: Create of leadership communications (emails and decks) for important milestones, events, meetings, and summits
- Business intelligence: Develop analytical frameworks and drive analysis on important strategic decisions in order to continue to optimize our US business
- Project management: Own and execute on key special projects
- Thought leadership: Be incredibly truth-seeking with data, set high standards for the team to think boldly and creatively and then funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans. Be efficient, be biased toward action
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of investment banking, consulting, business intelligence, strategy, Uber, or related experience
- Strong communication skills; able to distill complex data sets into simple and digestible takeaways for senior leaders and managers.
- Data-driven decision making mentality, sound business judgment, and the ability to back your analysis up with meaningful analytical thinking
- Strong Excel and SQL knowledge with advanced proficiency using Business Intelligence Tools (Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Thrive in ambiguous and fast paced environments
- The ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution -- we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- A "driver" personality -- biased toward action, great collaborator and excellent simplifier -- you're constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Bachelor's degree
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.