About the Role
We're looking for an exceptional attorney with solid transactions / commercial agreements experience to join our Uber Freight legal team, which supports the Uber Freight business, product and operations teams. This position is part of the Enterprise Product legal team at Uber, located in San Francisco, CA.
What You'll Do
- Serve as a front-line attorney advising Uber's dynamic deal makers, business and strategy professionals, product managers, engineers, designers, analysts, marketing and operations specialists who develop, launch, and constantly improve the business and technology that powers Uber Freight.
- Work with the Uber Freight team to draft, review and negotiate a large volume of commercial agreements that are critical to the business' success.
- Identify and resolve wide-ranging legal issues, including regulatory issues, privacy, data security, transactional and commercial law, litigation risk, and intellectual property, working directly with business clients to provide on-the-ground support.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in the Freight and Enterprise Products legal team and other legal teams, such as Employment, Privacy, IP, and Marketing, to provide comprehensive advice, and solve legal problems quickly for the teams you support.
- Review products, features, and initiatives to assess legal compliance, from the early stages of product development through launch.
Draft terms and conditions, FAQs, legal disclaimers, and other policies governing the use of Uber Freight products and services.
What You'll Need
- J.D. and license to practice law in at least one state.
- Minimum of five (5) years of legal experience in private practice and/or in-house (in-house experience is a plus but not required).
- Experience and high comfort level in reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial agreements.
- Experience analyzing and advising on a wide range of legal issues related to business to business products and services and/or technology platforms.
- Confidence operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to perform in nimble, rapidly changing and growing environments.
- Experience in the freight or logistics space is a plus but is not required.
- Strong team orientation encouraging communication and cooperation across organizations and functions.
- Inquisitiveness, along with the ability to spot issues, get to the heart of a matter, and articulate plans to address them.
- Strong communication skills.
- Collaborative approach with both business and legal groups, with strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner with others.
- Passionate about your work and a desire to have a big impact.
- Enthusiastic about Uber and Uber Freight!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.