About the Role
At Uber, providing amazing support that establishes trust for our community - riders, partner drivers, restaurants and corporate clients - is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way.
As a community operations manager for Uber Transportation line of business in Krakow Center of Excellence, you will be leading ambitious teams of support professionals to continually achieve operational excellence in work streams related to supporting Riders, and Partner Drivers.
What You'll Do
- Lead, motivate, and develop high performing teams within a time-sensitive and demanding environment to deliver on operational KPIs.
- Set up career development plans, coach Team Leads, and develop them into awesome people managers. You will be managing up to 5-7 Team Leads, who will each be managing up to 10 individuals. These individuals are on the front line of our business, answering our community's questions and tending to their needs.
- Dive deep into the numbers and make data-driven decisions.
- Be a passionate advocate for all riders, partner drivers, and confidently answer any questions that come your way in a high stress, fast moving environment.
- Build productive relationships with country teams of supported markets to provide meaningful business insights based on the teams understanding of the user experience as communicated through support channels.
- Be responsible for identifying trends within your team's' performance as well as overall support trends.
- Drive continuous process improvement to deliver a world-class experience every time, all the time.
- Empower the team to identify opportunities to improve Uber's processes, policies, or app functionality with the aim of creating a better user experience for our customers.
What You'll Need
- You have experience leading and managing a large team. You understand how to motivate teams and people in an exciting and ambiguous environment. You put your team first and are their most passionate advocate.
- Exceptional communication skills. Your communication style is flexible to the situation. From communicating updates to your team, to discussing metrics with key stakeholders, or presenting to leadership, you communicate clearly and with a purpose.
- A love of process and optimization. You will be revolutionizing support for the Uber community. You're excited about the opportunity to create and experiment with support processes, and are willing and able to lead others utilizing them.
- A data-driven and analytical in mindset. You can look at any spreadsheet and know the right questions to ask to get to actionable outcomes, and you know how to explain data in a digestible way. You have excellent Excel skills. Bonus points if you have SQL, coding, or programming experience.
- Incredible empathy and understanding of both riders and driver partners alike. You will be an excellent advocate for Uber's users and are passionate about the community experience.
- Calm under pressure. You have exceptional organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks.
- Curiosity. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for innovative improvements. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
- At least 3 years of work experience in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment, including at least 2 years of leading teams of 5+ people.
About the Team
Uber COEs are in-house support centers dedicated to providing premier service to riders, drivers, delivery partners, restaurants and eaters. Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community's toughest issues types, handle escalations from our tens of thousands of business processing outsourcing (BPO) agents, and provide an environment to pilot support for new products or test new support modalities or processes. If you think you have it in you to operate in a hyper growth environment and build processes that last, we are interested to meet you.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.