About the Role
The People Development Business Partner will join the PD org and work directly with business leaders and HR partners to inform strategy and provide direction for Uber's people and organizational development needs. The organizational and learning expertise you help provide the business will benefit managers, teams and individual contributors. Successful candidates will be passionate about learning and development that supports people in ways that help Uber be successful. If you love learning and working with people from around the world while moving fast and being creative, this role is for you.
What You'll Do
- Work in tandem with business leaders and senior HR Partners to help uncover and assess current and future talent-related business needs, org challenges and growth opportunities
- Inform, guide and support the development of strategies related to talent management and organizational development at the functional, regional and global levels
- Collaborate with Learning Partners across Uber to operationalize learning culture with best practices and unified approaches that drive learning engagement, accountability and impact
- Use quantitative and qualitative data where it exists, and help establish metrics where data is missing, to ensure learner feedback and business measures are leveraged to drive L&D excellence and business outcomes
- Strategically partner with People Dev's global leadership team on initiatives that improve organizational performance and deliver high-impact results across the business
- Contribute thought-leadership and hands-on management expertise to People Dev to help mature the org's methods, improve its processes, and coach PD staff to high performance
- Highly collaborative and future-focused. You bring results-driven and relationship-building savvy to engagements with leaders across the business.
- Highly experienced in talent development, organizational development, or talent strategy. Your credibility is steeped in the expertise you've gained working on talent and org-related challenges and transformations.
- Analytically oriented. You can demonstrate the impact and efficacy of learning investment for the business.
- L&D and tech savvy. You keep current on the latest thinking, trends and game-changing tools and approaches to make L&D a high-powered differentiator in successful orgs.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew, and you're excited by the challenge of solving hard problems.
- A dedicated learner. While you bring expertise to the table, you also practice continuous learning and consistently strive to be better than your last best self.
What You'll Need
- 10+ years of experience in talent management, talent development, organizational development, professional development, adult learning, or other related field
- Experience managing strategic L&D / talent-related initiatives with HR Partners and/or business leaders
- Experience owning ROI and business outcomes for L&D initiatives
- Experience establishing and owning budgets for L&D initiatives and/or teams
- Experience building and managing teams
- a graduate degree in adult learning, organizational development, organizational behavior, Industrial-organizational psychology, human resources, or additional equivalent experience
Bonus Points If
- Are experienced with talent and organizational assessment tools, methods and frameworks
- have designed large-scale talent development or talent management initiatives e.g. HiPo, leader development lifecycle, performance management, succession planning
- have innovated and implemented learning initiatives for global businesses
- have built and managed regional or global learning teams
- are certified in psychometric assessments (specifically DiSC or SDI) or development programs (e.g. Situational Leadership)
About the Team
The People Development team accelerates Uber's business by enabling people and teams to do their best work and achieve their highest potential. We design and deliver programs and processes from onboarding through executive leadership development to make it easier for people to grow themselves and each other. As a team, we lead with customer obsession, building globally and living locally, and celebrating differences.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.