Community Operations is the organization leading all types of scalable customer-facing activities at Uber: user support but also onboarding, sales, restaurant support, account management, etc. Establishing trust for UberEats customers, delivery partners, and restaurants -our community- is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way. And for Uber to continue its growth and success, we need to be able to not only improve but also scale our fast-growing support operations.
We are looking for a Sr. Customer Strategy & Operations Manager looking to build, operate, scale and improve Community Operations in France, Belgium and Switzerland (FBS). This role comes with a heavy focus on solving problems through data analytics and leading teams to deliver stellar outcomes and continuous process improvement, advocating passionately on behalf of our community to influence the overall customer experience, and managing senior stakeholder relationships across the larger business to set the right expectations and deliver handsomely on them.
The Sr. Customer Strategy & Operations Manager is responsible for bringing customer experience activities to the next level in FBS.
Working closely with the Ops Teams (Courier Growth, Marketplace, Restaurants Ops, Marketing teams, etc.) and EMEA Customer Experience teams, the Customer Strategy & Operations Manager will be responsible for:
- Designing, implementing, and optimizing support footprint, operations, and channel activities,
- Implementing and optimizing onboarding and conversion experiments;
- Launching new initiatives (calling, chat, virtual onboarding).
This role comes with a heavy focus on solving problems through data analytics, managing performance, and projects to deliver stellar outcomes: designing, testing, implementing, and improving initiatives, modalities, processes, contents, and tools.
This role also involves a considerable level of stakeholders management, working closely with:
- Regional and Local Ops Teams to:
- Develop a solid understanding of the courier acquisition funnel
- Prioritize, implement, and optimize the restaurants' onboarding (in-person and virtual), conversion (chat, funnel activities, sign up), and support experiences/projects
- Track & manage the performance of the customer experience, and support operations (conversion, # interactions, cost per interaction, Average handling time …)
- Address key transversal issues - compliance, product -
- Provide insights gathered from the interactions
- Central Ops and Customer Experience Teams to leverage similar initiatives, processes and tools in a logic of standardization across EMEA: Content, learning, agent performance, training, workforce management, etc.
- Customer Experience network:
- Uber Greenlight Hubs (GLHs), in-person support centers, where we help new courier partners get on the road for the first time, build engagement with the platform, serve as a logistics hub for the city, and answer general support questions
- Center Of Excellence (COE), in-house virtual support centers, handling the most critical & complex issues
- BPO, outsourced virtual support centers, handling the Level 1 issues
All of this to bring the customer experience to the next level, and achieve 2019 goals on growth, funnel conversion, Average handling time, Customer Satisfaction, Quality, Efficiency, SLA, and cost per contact.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design, implement, and optimize support footprint and channel for customer experience and support activities; Prepare the support organization to all new features and new products;
- Pilot and own new initiatives that transform our support operations and improve the level of service we provide;
- Drive the growth of Uber Eats in FBS. Fix & build the processes needed to scale this business.
- Project management: Be a hustling multi-tasker, supporting projects across the region. You'll be THE go-to person for many key initiatives within Community Operations.
- Deliver stellar operations outcomes according to agreed service level agreements: working with partners across EMEA to achieve the best outcomes across tens of thousands of support interactions every week, and ensuring they operate as efficiently as possible while maintaining the highest level of quality;
- Draw actionable recommendations that help drive our growth by diving deep into the numbers, finding insights and making data-driven decisions and process improvements;
- Engage strategically with stakeholders, be it mega-regional general managers and function lead to influence business goals and priorities, central global teams to improve internal tools and the overall user experience, or local teams to improve how people order food in France, Belgium, and Switzerland.
- Secure the achievements of key metrics, such as Efficiency, Customer Satisfaction, Quality, SLA, and cost per contact.
WHO YOU ARE
- 4+ years of experience whether it be in a startup, bank, consultancy, or corporate, you are someone who loves driving change in a fast-paced environment.
- A problem solver. You embrace challenges and would stop at nothing to create solutions--whether they're hacky, short-term workarounds, or more long-term process changes.
- A lover of process and optimization. You're excited about the opportunity to create new processes and implement them across the support organization in a consistent and organized manner
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate.
- A bias for action and problem-solving skills. You embrace challenges and would stop at nothing to create solutions--whether they're hacky, short-term workarounds, or more long-term changes.
- Data-driven and analytical in mindset. You can look at any spreadsheet and know the right questions to ask to get to actionable outcomes, and you know how to explain data in a digestible way. Bonus points if you have SQL, coding, or programming experience.
- A brilliant communicator and experienced in stakeholders management. You're a great team player and will onboard everyone around you to achieve great results as a team.
- Cool and calm under pressure. You have superior organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks.
- Helping your lead on complex topics and coaching the team.
- MBA preferred, but not required.
- Fluency in French and English.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.