Product Management, Product
in San Francisco, California
About the Role
The role demands great technical depth, principled thinking, high bar for quality, bold innovation, and a mentality of starting with the user and working backwards. You will work alongside a star team from engineering, data science, research & design, marketing, operations, legal, policy & communications in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, hybrid technology/operations environment to build contextual experiences to engender trust among our users and promote safety globally. You should be comfortable in uncharted territory as we build unique safety technologies for eater, riders, drivers, couriers and every user who touches the Uber community. We need your skills and enthusiasm to make it happen.
What You'll Do
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategies, as well as how the Uber Safety team's mission and objectives factor into the company strategy
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction by soliciting and embracing critical feedback
- We are builders. Prioritize and lead teams to ship world-class products that help us towards the goal of making Uber safe and reliable.
- Identify opportunities for new products that leverage Uber's global scale and build upon its safety infrastructure to provide unique and lasting customer value
- Clearly communicate plans, insights, data and results to a spectrum of audiences including executives, other product teams, and other decision-makers across Uber.
- Partner with User experience research, Operations and Support teams to seek insights on hidden user problems
- Creative problem solving : Distill the vision and strategy for the team, generate enthusiasm across the cross-functional team through creative problem solving and ruthless prioritization
What You'll Need
- Comfortable in diving deep into data to obtain insights that inform product roadmaps and measure product outcomes.
- Depth, expertise, and pragmatism. You have visionary ideals for user safety, freedom and can apply them in a business environment.
- Passion. You're excited and equipped to share our message on safety and commitment to winning user trust, the industry, and other experts.
- Leadership. You're able to educate cross-team stakeholders on product decisions and diligent process.
- You're just as comfortable with on the ground safety challenges that we are faced with as you are with thinking big in proactively building products to mitigate problems
- You have superior design instincts with a keen eye for detail. You have a track record of shipping products with intuitive designs that speak for customer obsession and value
- A great teammate. Your product instincts are matched by your humility and willingness to problem-solve with others. You can take the lead and have a great sense of what doing 'the right thing' is. You are an enabler not a blocker. You seek to mentor and share your knowledge with others
- Minimum of 4 years experience delivering highly successful solutions in engineering, product management, data analytics or in strategy & operations within a tech company - you're extremely proud of what you've accomplished.
- A computer science undergraduate degree or other engineering degree equivalent.
Bonus Points For
- Experience with the user and technical challenges faced in Trust & Safety or Risk engineering and product teams
About the Team
With 'Stand for Safety' being the #1 priority for the company, our Safety and Insurance product team has very ambitious product plans to keep our riders and drivers safe and protected. We are looking for amazing product talent to help us fulfill this goal
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.