About the Role
Mechanical design engineer working on battery packs for micro-mobility vehicles and electric aircraft.
What You'll Do
- Conceive, design, test and oversee manufacturing introduction of key battery components and assemblies
- Create formal documentation of 2D and 3D designs of components and assemblies
- Develop and fabricate functional prototypes and test methods to vet out new concepts
- Collaborate closely with suppliers to bring parts and assemblies into production
- Complete design cycles from concepts to fully validated production designs
What You'll Need
- Minimum 5 years experience designing parts and assemblies for electromechanical products.
- Strives to find efficient, elegant design solutions. Passionate about creating high-impact products
- Understanding of basic electrical engineering principles, ideally in the context of battery packs
- Demonstrated success taking parts from concept through production release with a focus on DFM
- Experience working productively and collaboratively in cross-functional teams (supply chain, program management, testing, quality, etc.)
- Detail oriented personality with solid documentation and reporting skills
- Proficient in CAD modeling. Solidworks or CATIA v5 experience preferred.
- Able to perform analysis (CAE, Matlab, hand calculations) to guide and justify design decisions
- Experience with data acquisition systems for thermal, electrical, and mechanical sensors
- Working knowledge of or desire to learn GD&T
- Competent designing parts for various manufacturing processes such as plastic injection molding, metal stamping, thermoforming, welding/brazing, plating, heat treating and bonding. Direct machine shop skills a plus.
- Excited about building prototypes and running testing in our engineering lab
- Ability to specify tests, run tests and analyze/post-process results required to prove out the validity of a design
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.