About the role
The Digital Product Designer will be responsible for shipping elegant, innovative customer obsessed design solutions across a variety of digital mediums, facing both internally and externally, to support Elevate - our initiative to fast-forward to the future of on-demand, urban aviation. Doing this at Uber requires a robust suite of internal tools to unlock tremendous competitive advantage. These critically important tools focus on demand-forecasting data, fleet management, and airspace configuration.
What you'll do
- Work alongside a nimble team to ship and iterate quickly. You'll mock up end-to-end user flows for MVP solutions and experiments
- Partner with our UX research team to better understand the needs of our customers across a growing number of cities
- Demand forecasting and network visualization tool, extending to parametric Skyport configuration
- Work on Airspace configuration tool and support Summit / Events & Presentation support
- Successfully show the design solution with ease, rather than talking through design comps with verbal disclaimers.
- Significant hands-on collaboration with Product managers, designers, and engineers is required to ensure product goals and features are developed in a timely manner.
- Assemble design documentation and prototypes that can be easily shared and understood by both new and informed stakeholders.
- The designer will also work alongside front-end engineers to implement designs, and with other designers from various teams around the company to take advantage of existing patterns and components, and previously solved challenges.
- Own the design process from beginning to end; from whiteboard ideation, to pixel-perfect production-ready asset creation on an accelerated timeline that consistently challenges the creative process.
- Tasked with visualizing the awesome future only Uber can provide, from the inside-out.
What you'll need
- Minimum of 5+ Years of Experience
- Domain knowledge and experience shipping enterprise tools with an emphasis on UX utility and map based data visualization are essential for this role.
- The ideal candidate is fluent in basic UX wireframing and high fidelity UI design prototyping tools like Sketch/ Invision/ Figma / Origami.
- Driven by customer-obsession and, as such, use Uber's position as a thought leader and market maker to serve our riders, cities, and technology partners as best as possible.
Bonus points if
- Advanced design motion tools like After Effects, Cinema 4D.
- Prototyping experience with AR / VR technologies.
- Experienced external speaker/presenter at industry forums.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.