Engineering Security, Safety, Security & Insurance
in San Francisco, California
About the Role
Uber's Security Team builds trust, manages risks, and responds to incidents across its cybersecurity environment.
We are looking for a senior-level security engineer who will be responsible for evaluating data loss risks, and driving the design, implementation, and operations of Data Loss Prevention (DLP) programs and solutions across the organization. The ideal candidate has advanced knowledge and working experience in methodologies and best practices for the development and implementation of an enterprise DLP program, outstanding technical skills, a high level of initiative, creativity, and motivation, and great oral and written communication skills.
What You'll Do
- Develop vision, policy, and technical requirements for Data Loss Prevention in a large-scale global environment.
- Evaluate data loss risks and identify gaps in existing security & privacy capabilities.
- Architect, design, evaluate, implement, and roll out DLP solutions covering endpoints, cloud applications, production and corporate systems.
- Responsible for the management, advanced configuration, monitoring, and fine tuning of DLP solutions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and partner teams on the planning, implementation, and rollout of DLP programs and solutions.
- Act as a primary contact for DLP design, system performance, issue troubleshooting, and incident handling, including reviewing DLP policy violation alerts and working with Security, IT Eng, and business stakeholders to investigate and resolve.
- Act as technical Subject Matter Expert on data security standards, operations, and technologies by performing ongoing research on industry trends, best practices, and new technologies on the market.
What You'll Need
- Technical expertise. You have a comprehensive understanding of data security methodologies, technologies, and best practices, and working experience with Data Loss Prevention technologies across endpoints, network, email, and cloud applications in an enterprise environment. You have strong knowledge and experience in Endpoint Detection & Response / Endpoint Protection Platforms (EDR/EPP), Secure Email Gateways (SEG), Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB), as well as network protocols, components and security systems. You have hands-on coding/scripting experience (e.g. Python, PowerShell) in building and deploying technologies at scale. You might have experience in data tagging and activity monitoring, applied cryptography, event and log correlation, intrusion detection, and forensics. You are able to distill complex problems and drive toward creative solutions.
- Architecture skills. You are able to produce architectures that are secure, efficient, scalable and extensible. You have a track record of making solid design tradeoffs that build for the long term. You can collaborate across teams and build systems to address architectural gaps. You are comfortable evaluating the security risk and contributing to the security architecture of systems spanning a wide range of technologies.
- Leadership. You are able to educate the organization on data security needs and approaches, and ensure business enablement and data protection coexist. You possess strong organizational, communication, and relationship building skills. You have a track record of creating alignment and improved collaboration across the organization.
- Passion. You are excited and equipped to share our message on data security to our employees, partner teams, and the industry. You feel ownership over everything you drive and deliver.
- Versatility. You understand cross-functional priorities across fast-growing businesses, and can provide both broad and deep data security guidance and support to different teams.
- A great teammate. Your security expertise is matched by your humility and willingness to problem-solve with others. You can take the lead and have a great sense of what doing 'the right thing' is. You are an enabler not a blocker. You seek to mentor and share your knowledge with others.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.