City Operations, Operations & Launch
in Buenos Aires, Argentina
About the Role
The Head of Operations, Argentina & Uruguay role a unique opportunity to build a new vertical of the Uber logistics business; it requires a high a degree of skills, guts and leadership. Responsible for leading the operations of a complex and fast growing business while maintaining very high operating standards. You are helping to develop and roll out the food delivery ecosystem for Uber. We're looking for someone who has that mix of operational abilities to get stuff done, the grit and motivation that's needed to build a new business from the ground up, the innovation and creative thinking that's need to develop outside the box solutions, and the emotional intelligence and leadership abilities to manage a team.
What You'll Do
- Build out and directly lead an operations organization to enable Uber Eats to scale through high impact programs executed both centrally and localized where appropriate across Marketplace, Courier Operations, Restaurant Operations and Growth
- Work closely with the General Manager and leadership team, helping define region level supply growth and management goals and strategy to achieve them
- Develop acquisition and lifecycle engagement strategy for driver-partners in the territory, and execute this strategy through data-driven analytics, creative campaigns, and robust email and digital marketing programs
- Drive efficiencies in our marketing channels and build out an effective growth strategy that leverage our database and rider base to expand in our markets
- Empower our commercial teams with the tools and insights needed to improve on our restaurant operations and quality metrics
- Motivate and leverage existing and new staff to continually up-level their results, expectations, and stretch for increasingly higher levels of impact across all core operational metrics
- Work closely in a matrixed environment with local operations, marketing, strategy, analytics, design, engineering, finance and other senior leadership in the region and at HQ to set clear objectives
What You'll Need
- At least 8 years of deep, hands-on management of functions that included combinations of the following: operations, analytics, marketing, customer loyalty and retention, and project management is expected, but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements
- Unparalleled business judgement and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly establish highest value priorities and develop a strategy to pursue them
- Quantitative data analysis, deep actionable insights, modeling, and advanced test plan design and analysis experience
- High energy and motivational leadership driven by personal influence and example with direct staff, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines
- Strong experience managing teams across multiple offices and territories
- Professional Proficiency in English & Spanish
About the Team
As part of the Uber Eats Team, you'll work closely with the General Manager and the Sales, Account Management and Operations teams to support processes that scale and innovate Uber Eats from the ground up.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.