The Chief of Staff role requires an exceptional leader who will partner with Raquel Urtasun, head of ATG R&D and ATG's Chief Scientist and her leadership team. You will drive the delivery of a diverse set of programs, and lead a small team supporting these efforts.
What You'll Do
- Work with Raquel Urtasun to drive clear and explicit articulation of her research vision, technical roadmap, and mission statement.
- Drive the execution of ATG R&D strategy, planning, prioritization, project tracking, structure and process adoption and other operational aspects of the organization.
- Ensure and drive creation of highly technical communications, marketing and brand assets such as blogs, website, newsletters, presentations, and media engagements, ensure their availability for consumption by a large spectrum of audiences, both internal and external.
- Manage a variety of engagements including internal and external meetings, summits, dignitary visits, and external executive level commitments. Own the operational processes of such engagements including planning, agenda creation, action item tracking, and distillation of discussions into strategic plans. Serve as the representative for the organization when appropriate.
- Own the content management of a large set of assets related to the research life cycle, and technical vision.
- Lead and guide a small team of program managers that will assist you in executing the above.
What You'll Need
- Deep technical aptitude for software and algorithms, and experience working within technical organizations. An undergraduate computer science or similar degrees, or equivalent experience is a must. Advanced technical degrees and understanding of the academic research life cycle are not required, but a plus.
- Incredible communication skills including clarity when presenting information and ideas, and the ability to listen deeply and understand empathetically across a great variety of stakeholders; from junior individual contributors to international leaders and technology executives.
- Strong operational skills with proven ability to prioritize and drive the creation, evangelization, and optimization of structure, organization and (lightweight) process.
- Inspiring, optimistic and resilient attitude, with the desire to relentlessly drive to results in complex work environments, managing multiple stakeholders while maintaining a sense of joy and unyielding personability.
- Strong sense of accountability, responsibility and ownership over deliverables with a can-do attitude, regardless of the ask. You must be motivated by doing the right thing and executing in full in an often unstructured, yet intense environment. You are motivated by getting things done and done well with extreme attention to detail, driving initiatives forward, as well as proactively identifying opportunities to optimize the way we work.
- We are committed to diversity and inclusion and encourage our leadership team to help drive this commitment
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. We are incredibly passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.