Business Development Representative - High Capacity Vehicle (HCV), Uber for Business
About the Role
We're looking for a Business Development Representative to support our growth in the Uber Shuttle (High Capacity Vehicle) business as a part of the Uber for Business sales team! This high-impact position will provide sales support to Account Executive(s) through the development of qualified leads in the HCV segment that result in achieving our business goals. If you're looking for career growth, this role will serve as a training ground for a pathway into an Account Executive position with demonstrated success.
You'll be responsible for conducting outbound prospecting campaigns (both call and email). Your day-to-day job will be developing a rapport with contacts in an effort to understand where the prospect is in the buying cycle. Working with Account Executive(s), you'll ensure that the leads provided are accurately qualified and will progress through the sales funnel. This involves gathering key information to update our Salesforce system and identifying the next steps for our team to connect with these prospects.
As a Business Development Representative, you will be instrumental in customer acquisition for the Uber Shuttle vertical of Uber for Business within the India Market.
What the Candidate Will Do
- Generate new business opportunities to fuel the pipeline in an assigned vertical or territory and partner with assigned Account Executive (s)
- Outbound prospecting via cold calling, email, and marketing campaigns
- Hit assigned Key Performance Metrics that are not limited to but include outreaches per day and Sales Qualified Leads per month.
- Uncover a prospect's business challenges and identify relevant new business opportunities, while highlighting the Uber for Business value proposition
- Conduct high-level conversations with senior executives at targeted client accounts
- Manage, track, and report on all sales activities and results using Salesforce
- Work closely with sales management to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities for new business
- Collaborate with the sales team to share best practices make recommendations to more effectively close sales and ensure customer dedication
What the Candidate Will Need
- Bachelor's degree required
- At least 2 years of previous cold-calling sales/business development / B2B sales experience
- Experience with email campaigns and Salesforce preferred
- Ability to build outstanding customer relationships
- Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Zoom Info, and Groove experience preferred
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Have a positive, self-driven team-first mentality with a desire to learn
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
*Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada