Credit & Collections Global Process Owner (GPO) Lead
In Finance Operations, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. We provide end-to-end assistance to support Uber globally across procure to pay; strategic sourcing, logistics, and supply chain; contingent workforce; B2B order to cash; payroll; travel, expense, and business visas; intelligent automation; and F&A shared services.
About the Role
The position reports to the Head of the OTC Global Process Owners (GPO) Department, as Credit & Collections GPO, and is a core member of the GPO Module Leadership Team, within the broader Order to Cash Organization at Uber, a component of the broader Finance Operations Group.
The Credit & Collections GPO Lead is accountable for Credit & Collections related Process optimization and implementation globally, Policies definitions and updates, Compliance enforcement and evangelism, technology adequacy, and trending analysis.
What You'll Do
- Manage a diverse, local & virtual team of Credit & Collections specialized GPOs, help them drive optimal process design, Policies adequacies, Compliance enforcement, and up-to-date technology solutions.
- Set the roadmap for the Credit & Collections GPO team, define an annual operational critical path aligned with the broader GPO & OTC Organization, and target to exceed annual efficiency & effectiveness targets.
- Responsible for process control design in the Credit & Collections area, and SOX compliance.
- Partner with Fellow OTC GPO Technology to consider & test platforms/tools and system enhancements.
- Take a data-driven approach to recommend solutions to improve process effectiveness.
- Own and drive process excellence measurements associated with the Credit & Collections space.
- Build strong collaborative working relationships with outsourcers and external business partners with a focus on driving efficiencies and improving levels of service.
- Support the Revenue Accounting to design process controls and lead all aspects of testing and remediation in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Manage a variety of cross-functional projects Credit & Collections related that drive operational efficiencies and enhance reporting and analysis for improved decision-making.
- Maintain & document relevant policies and procedures.
- 10+ years of international Credit & Collections Operational and/or Process experience, in multifaceted, complex, matrixial environments.
- Significative experience working cross-functionally with partners and team members across functions and geographies. Solid track collaboration track record with IT and engineering teams an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, and evidenced ability to communicate with varied audiences in making the complex simple. Proven track record in consulting and influencing internal business clients, external customers, and a wide range of external service providers, including Business Process Outsourced (BPO).
- Change Agent: Ability to inspire change and improve end-to-end processes with a strong, proven track record in business process re-engineering and systems analysis. Demonstrate strong influential collaboration skills with leadership in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Compelling leadership capabilities evidenced by the ability to gain the trust of partners, negotiate with, influence, and motivate a diverse group of team members of varying levels.
- Senior end-to-end Project management experience coupled with world-class expertise in both Credit & Collections.
- Formal Agile and/or Six Sigma certifications are an advantage.
- Strong quantitative skills and extended experience in data analytics, with a problem-solving approach.
- Strong understanding of internal controls, including Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
For Chicago, IL-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $114,000 per year - $127,000 per year.
For Dallas, TX-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $114,000 per year - $127,000 per year.
For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $127,000 per year - $141,000 per year.
For all US locations, you will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada