Senior Operations Manager (Merchant), Uber Eats - Spain
About the Role
Uber Eats is looking for a Senior Operations Manager in Spain to manage the Merchant Operations team. The mission of the Merchant Operations team is to make Uber Eats the preferred delivery platform for merchants across the 300 cities where we operate in Spain. You will be in charge of creating amazing experiences for our partners. One of your areas of focus will be Ads, where you will be an Ads platform expert and main POC for all the Stakeholders in Spain.
As an Ops manager you will be creating tools and scalable processes to support local teams achieve their targets, you will need to have daily interactions with City Managers, Account Managers, and our Product teams based in Amsterdam, New York, and San Francisco to roll out the new Ads features locally.
What you’ll do
Project Management: you will oversee projects from their initial definition until their final implementation. You will also be responsible for defining and following project KPIs. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with many different teams in Spain and worldwide, ensuring alignment, quick execution - all while maintaining Uber’s high standards for operational execution!
- For example, you will partner with regional and local leadership to align on Ads sales structure, revenue targets and KPIs as well as collaborate with our existing Delivery Account Management organization to ensure your team is delivering on merchant needs and exceeding Uber’s revenue targets.
Process & Tool Creation: you will be in charge of creating scalable processes and tools for our local teams on the ground and restaurant partners.
- For example, we might create scalable processes to help local teams increase the adoption of our Ads products, identifying those merchants that are likely to have a better outcome if they opt-in or setting up different co-funding tests to understand what drives adoption among them.
Data analysis: Uber wouldn’t be Uber without almost unlimited access to data. You will autonomously create your own analyses and dashboards to measure the success of your projects.
- Interactions with Tech teams: you will maintain links between on-the-ground teams and our Product teams based in San Francisco, New York and Amsterdam. You will be the voice of the Spanish market, helping to prioritize future product changes, and you’ll help launch new product features each week across your market.
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience, ideally in a start-up, consulting or in finance.
- You are fluent in Spanish and English since you will be interacting with team members in Spain, but also with people from across the globe.
- You have experience with quantitative data analysis, deep measurable insights, modeling, and experiments and are proficient in SQL.
- You have an appetite for data and are comfortable with numbers.
- You love to build and optimize rigorous processes. Finding scalable solutions and being a champion of operational excellence are interesting to you.
- Experience in the Ads business is a Plus
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and are comfortable with ambiguity.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
*Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada