Senior Associate, M&A Finance and Integration
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Strategic Finance team providex comprehensive financial insight into the business through regional and functional business partnering, forecasting and budgets, and pricing and incentives.
About the Role
As part of the M&A Finance and Integration team, you’ll collaborate with partners across the business including Corporate Development, Corporate Legal, Tax, Strategic Finance, and Accounting to aid in the evaluation and completion of acquisitions and divestitures, financing activities, capital markets transactions, strategic partnerships and investments, and other special projects. You'll play a key role in all aspects of finance and accounting implications on transactions from origination through integration.
What You'll Do
Financial Analysis and Diligence
- Identify and solve issues through the deal life-cycle starting from due diligence to post close including integration of businesses
- Analyze financial/operational results of targets through reviewing accounting and other records, discussions with target management team
- Own internal and target data - understand Uber data and system reports and ensure target data is validated - have a fundamental comprehension of target’s financial impact to Uber at a granular level
- Participate in purchase agreement negotiations including working capital, indebtedness, and other purchase price adjustments
- Assist investor relations and financial reporting through deal implications including Pro Forma disclosures and investor presentations
- Engage in ad-hoc financial analysis, including special projects at the request of Finance/Accounting leadership
- Identify financial reporting / accounting implications on M&A, equity and debt transactions
- Benchmark and research peer companies and summarize and present relevant information to key stakeholders including executives
- Work cross-functionally with Corporate Development, Strategic Finance, Accounting, Tax, Investor Relations, and Legal to provide financial insights and assess the company's overall progress towards its strategic objectives
- Identify post-acquisition action steps to achieve goals and integration of the transaction
- Understanding of overall business / tech integration plans and understand implications on finance org integration
- Develop and/or assist with finance integration project plans and budgets, and support day to day finance and accounting org integration activities
- Develop and/or support monitoring of project status, identification and management of issues and risks
- Work with Corporate Development and other functions to plan and execute finance and accounting org tasks to complete integrations
- Own end-to-end finance integration planning and execution project management including accounting operations, financial operations, FinTech, financial risk management, strategic sourcing, financial reporting, payroll, treasury, tax, and FP&A
- Minimum of 3+ years in a finance/accounting/advisory role
- Exceptional Excel skills; TM1, HFM, Oracle experience nice to have (or willingness to learn)
- CPA is highly preferred
- Team player - this is a highly collaborative and supportive team environment
- Prior experience at a Big 4 financial due diligence / deal advisory practice is highly preferred
- Ability to juggle - we are consistently working on multiple projects at any given time so we are looking for someone who has the ability to multitask
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and relationship building skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $120,000 per year - $133,000 per year.
You will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
See our Candidate Privacy Statement>
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada