Territory Manager, North East UK
About the Role
The Territory Operations Manager role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on the success of Uber Eats in Newcastle and the North East. The successful candidate will be supporting the GM with this region by developing a deep quantitative understanding of local market dynamics, building and nurturing relationships with key local partners and jumping on challenges as they emerge.
This role calls for a combination of communication and stakeholder leadership skills, savvy analytics, strategic thinking, strong execution and the interpersonal ability to work with teams from across the business. Further, as Uber Eats is a new business and remains a fast paced environment, we are looking for a highly adaptable candidate who is able to switch between long-term critical initiatives one moment, and pivot into rapid tactical actions the next.
The main markets we serve in the North East are: Newcastle, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Darlington, Durham among the rest.
What will you do?
- Own the performance of the North East markets, driving the top and bottom line results of our operations in the cities we serve
- Lead and develop a team of Account Managers and Field Sales Representatives to pursue partnerships with all the most important restaurants and grocers in your markets.
- Build and nurture relationships with some of our strategic local restaurant partners (e.g. national chain’s local franchisees; local influencers; local favourite independents)
- Secure Restaurant Selection: identify restaurant partnerships at risk through core metric analysis and build recommendations on how to prevent restaurant churn
- Build Tools: identify gaps in restaurant selection or marketplace reliability to help ensure Central teams are maximising their impact
- Experiment: take the lead on local tests of new practices and document key takeaways to help shape the future of our UK and EMEA processes
- 3-5+ years of experience in sales & account management and a proven track record in business development and client management
- Experience of operations management / consulting / business development / strategy work in a large business, or of growing a startup
- Good business understanding and judgement. Comfortable in understanding a business through its financial information and thoughtful about overall strategic choices
- Empathetic in dealing with different people. Able to quickly build relationships with external partners, couriers and internal stakeholders with no problem
- High adaptability to change and ability to implement quickly. Able to change directions quickly from long-term thinking to immediate action tactical response
- Able to cope with pressure and an environment where not everything works yet. Much more interested in taking ownership of problems than in worrying about whose problem it is
- Curious and eager to learn about all aspects of the business. Can build up skills and knowledge very fast to become a recognized subject matter expert amongst your peers!
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
*Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See our Candidate Privacy Statement>
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada