Senior Manager - Public Policy, India & South Asia
#GreatMindsDon’tThinkAlike At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but a unique individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts.
About the Role
Within this role you are going to develop and implement Public Policy strategies in India and South Asia. You will report directly to the Director of Public Policy for India and South Asia, and will be based out of Delhi.
Our public policy team is responsible for working with policymakers, regulators and third parties to make the positive case for Uber as a platform. That's about building lasting relationships in the cities where we operate with politicians key Government officials and their staff, so they understand the benefits of Uber's services
What You'll Do
- Develop and drive public policy efforts for India/South Asia working closely with the local and global internal teams
- Support the business in thinking strategically about how to unlock some of the biggest challenges to growth
- Strengthen relationships with key policy stakeholders, including transport regulators, various government entities, and third parties (including industry associations) on a range of policy issues of interest to the company
- Work to ensure that regulatory frameworks support ride hailing apps like Uber
- Advocate for policies that enable the acceleration of Electric Vehicle adoption
- Work collaboratively with other teams throughout the company, including Operations, Communications, Legal, Tax, etc., offering strategic advice to business partners in those functions
- Build lasting relationships with key partners, lead campaigns to change regulatory scenarios, and define strategies to react to new circumstances
What You'll Need
- A Masters in Public Policy/International Relations/Business Administration/or similar fields
- 15+ years related experience
- Professional experience in Government relations/Regulatory affairs/Public Policy Affairs
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
*Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada