Product Manager, Communications Platform
About the Role
The Communications Platform builds the systems, API's and mobile libraries that allow hundreds of teams within Uber to send billions of email, sms, push notifications in-app messages every year. If an email, push notification or sms an Uber user receives from us about their ride or delivery or whether it's the phone and chat communications they have with their driver and Delivery person, our platforms ensure each message gets delivered optimally. Recently, our team has expanded to also tackle the intelligence that not just delivers this communication but delivers the right communication to the right person at the right time, and we are looking for a dedicated product manager to focus efforts in this area!
The product manager will be working on building and deploying timing and frequency optimization use cases on multiple channels (Push, Email, SMS) on the intelligence platform across all lines of businesses (Uber Delivery & Mobility). This is a high visibility and impact product area because of the scale of the problem we are trying to address!
What the Candidate Will Do:
- Work with our Marketing, Product and Operations teams to understand and define timing, cost and frequency optimization use cases across multiple channels
- Build ranking and decision making systems for marketing communications to our end users
- Understand how our end-users harmonize with different channels (Push, SMS, Email, Voice, Chat)
- Understand Uber’s core product (app and web) and the nuances of each channel to make sure our platforms optimally deliver each message on time to ensure delightful and relevant customer experiences
- Use data to prioritize high impact initiatives across multiple collaborators
- Drive a cross-functional team of Engineers, Data Scientists and Analysts to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals and ship quality products
- Develop a vision and strategy, plan deliverables, design, and launch products
- Clearly communicate plans, insights, data, and results to executives, other product teams, cross-functional teams such as marketing, operations, finance
- Evangelize the platforms within global organizations including marketing, ops, product
- Monitor and measure launched products and use data for product refinement
- Basic understanding of technologies like Kafka, Hadoop, or Hive and iOS / Android ecosystem
- Experience in ranking and decision systems used to prioritize messages in the Digital Marketing space
- Working infrequency, cost and timing optimization problems, preferably in Digital Advertising / CRM space
- A good understanding of how to create an experimentation framework to solve problems.
- Passionate about the different initiatives worked on, energized by forming and driving great ideas to market, strategic problem solver and ability to see product opportunities when others are lost in noise and ambiguity
- Build strong relationships within the organization and a keen sense of how to navigate both internal and external hurdles to ship a great product
- Product Sense - Design instincts and product taste. You own what you build
- Innovative - Create big bold strategic decisions that will have a huge impact on Uber.
- Data Driven - Leverage data to align teams and drive strategic decisions. You always get the data you need, and distill it into educational stories
- Experimentation Attitude - Evaluate opportunities based on the incremental value they could add by creating an experimentation framework
- Emotional intelligence - Think about the "why" before the "what". You are passionate about always making the user experience positive and unwilling to allow product challenges to impact users negatively
- Technical skills - Ability to inform and evaluate engineering decisions across optimization platforms, back-end services and mobile SDKs
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn. You never give up and set a high bar across the board, from your own contribution to the people you work with.
- High Team Spirit - humble leader who believes that personal goals can only be accomplished if the team accomplishes its goals
For New York, NY-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $149,000 per year - $165,500 per year.
You will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
See our Candidate Privacy Statement
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada