Lead Product Operations Manager - Uber Direct
About the Role
As a Product Operations Manager for Uber Direct you’ll play a key role in helping businesses of all sizes use the power of Uber delivery to get their products delivered to customers at high scale and speed!
In this role, you will be a hub for bridging product, operations, and business and solving problems that lie at their intersection. It requires an ability to problem-solve strategically, bring stakeholders together and craft globally scalable processes that enable high-velocity product and business impact within a complex organization.
What You'll Do
This is a representative sampling of the responsibilities you will be tackling together with the team you’re leading:
- Design planning and insights gathering processes from various business partners globally to ensure product strategies are advised by on-the-ground, locally relevant information
- Own the entire go-to-market strategy and execution for the various products we launch. Where should we launch, how and when will be entirely up to you
- Help product teams understand business insights and design scaled processes that let teams hear and dive into the voice of the customer
- Own the efficiency of the product stack: identify and improve areas where the product development process lacks velocity, transparency or effectivity
- Work with various operational teams to unblock product development and rollout, but also adapt our global products to local contexts
- Drive the program management of highly complex areas that require many collaborators to work in concert to achieve a business result, including marketing, legal, finance, customer support, operations, sales, business development and many more
- Create transparency around product work, maintain strong communications across various teams and align stakeholders around core objectives and key results
- Minimum 5 years experience driving successful programs and bringing clarity to complex areas of collaboration, areas that ideally have a heavy product footprint
- Technical savviness. While a technical background is not expected, you should be comfortable with technical topics and able to discuss them with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent communication. You are able to inform, educate, influence and persuade at various levels of the organization, both in written and verbal form
- Attention to detail. The ability to obsess over every single part of a process, at scale
- Customer obsession. The ability to take on complex product challenges and find elegant, simplifying solutions to avoid making them our user's and partner’s problems
- Finger-tippiness with data. You find a way to get the data you need and whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to maximise this data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis
- A “Driver” mentality. You are biased toward action, a great collaborator, a master disambiguator/simplifier, and constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- A true passion for Uber’s mission, our products, and the company’s hybrid technology/operations nature
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn
- People management experience
- SQL proficiency
- Experience in the grocery, retail, CPG or ecommerce industry
- An understanding of multi-sided marketplace businesses
For New York, NY-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $173,000 per year - $192,000 per year.
For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $173,000 per year - $192,000 per year.
For all US locations, you will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
See our Candidate Privacy Statement>
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada