Regulatory Risk & Compliance Associate
#GreatMindsDon’tThinkAlike At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but a unique individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts. (Diversity Statement)
About The Team
Over the last 10 years in APAC, we have seen an evolution of legal and regulatory challenges. From being a start-up bringing our service into new countries and cities, we're now focused on working closely with regulators and partnering with them to build a stronger and more sustainable ecosystem for Uber. We #SeetheForestandtheTrees by being able to know the details and the technical legal issues while also keeping in mind the bigger picture of what the business is trying to achieve.
About The Role
In this role, you will help lead large programs of work related to responding to externally initiated audits and investigations and proactively work with internal operations teams to improve Uber’s compliance and safety related processes, controls, and reporting. This is a highly cross-functional role that will require positive relationship and project management across internal teams (Operations, Policy, Legal, Trust & Safety) as well as with external transport regulators!
Your Impact in Role:
- Complete all required data pulls and analysis as required for audits, investigations, or ad-hoc regulatory requests; and build out required data delivery guidelines, format and tracking tools required to ensure defect-free execution and clear decision making on data provided externally
- Work hand in hand with Uber’s Core Operations team, as well as other x-functional teams, to ensure findings from audits are addressed appropriately with robust, comprehensive processes or policies.
- Develop regulatory policies working with internal stakeholders such as legal, safety and insurance; review compliance policies and procedures on a regular basis and monitor ongoing processes to ensure they follow regulatory requirements
- Collaborate cross-functionally to continually improve rider and driver experience, given that many compliance processes directly impact customers
The Experience You'll Bring:
- Strong experience in a project analyst/process improvement/design or data analyst role in a matrix organisation
- Experience managing large projects with multiple external requests, tight deadlines, and sensitive data - experience leading regulatory audits or investigations preferred
- An analytical approach - the ability to seek out and analyse data to back-up sound recommendations; pulling and manipulating large data sets for external requests (SQL experience preferred)
- Clear communication, with demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence internal and external stakeholders
What's in it for you?
Uber's culture and values are at the core of everything we do so that our employees can better understand who we are and what it’s like to work at Uber today.
We pride ourselves on the amazing team we’ve built. The driver behind all of our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game-changing technology we bring to life is the people that make Uber, #OneUber.
Doing your best work means being your best self. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that are uniquely Uber to support your health and well-being. These benefits have been designed with # OneUber in mind, supporting the whole of you and the way that you work best.
- We provide our employees with monthly Uber credits to use against the full value of Eats & Rides (whichever is applicable in your market) plus a 17% discount (excluding non-restaurant food deliveries) on orders through our App (which exists even when your credits expire).
- Family comes first, and our paid parental leave (minimum 18 weeks full pay with additional benefits or paid leave depending on your location) is accessible for all new parents from day 1 (with no tenure requirement). New parents at Uber will also receive access to Cleo, flexible return-to-work options, and additional Uber credits during their period of leave (because let's face it, who wants to cook with a little one around?)
- Starting a family is a magical journey - At the same time, it can be challenging and stressful. Employees are eligible to reimburse costs relating to infertility treatment, egg/sperm freezing, adoption and surrogacy up to a lifetime benefit limit.
- Reset, Refresh and Recharge: we have a generous paid leave policy, providing paid leave in addition to the statutory annual leave depending on your location (excluding certain roles in the CommOps org). Additional eligibility requirements apply.
- Personal health and wellbeing - depending on location, you can access a healthcare plan or reimbursement for a plan of your choice up to a nominated value. You will also receive a monthly wellbeing allowance to use throughout the year across a range of items including; gym / fitness memberships, mindfulness apps, fitness equipment, ski passes and more. We also provide Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) that connect you to resources & support.
- Uber has always been a flexible organisation and COVID has only amplified this. Our global policy is 50% of time in office, and employees can apply to be fully remote if you think that’s best for you. We also provide opportunities to work for one month a year in another Uber location. These opportunities are tailored to specific individuals, roles and teams, subject to applicable terms and conditions.
- When you are in the office, we have an amazing range of facilities accessible for all Uber employees. Our dedicated facilities teams host regular events and opportunities to connect, as well as arranging the food program; catered lunch / breakfast (location dependant) and you’ll find our kitchens fully stocked with a variety of healthy (& not so healthy) snacks & drinks.
The benefits mentioned here, to the extent they are in addition to those minimum statutory requirements, are provided at Uber’s sole discretion and are subject to change in the future. Terms and conditions may apply to each benefit.
Unsure if this role is the right fit for you?
We encourage you to review the details of the job role and imagine how you can impact not only our organization but the world using your unique talents. We reimagine the way the world moves for the better. Even if you do not fit all of the criteria for the role, we welcome you to apply to explore opportunities within Uber.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
*Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com.
See our Candidate Privacy Statement>
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada