Localization Program Manager
About the Role
The Localization team seeks an experienced Marketing localization program manager to help address Uber’s growing localization needs! In this role, you'll collaborate with our Marketing, Brand, Product, Regional, and Operation teams as a primary contact for marketing localization to ensure timely & high linguistic quality for global & regional launches.
About the Team
At Uber, it’s crucial that we maintain a close connection with users regardless of which language they speak. With millions of published words, communicating messages across 500+ cities in 70+ countries, we need your help to ensure that each word is carefully chosen to match the tone and voice of Uber. As an early member of our Localization Team, you'll have opportunities to build the local roots of an expanding global brand!
What You'll Do
- Lead end-to-end marketing localization of Uber products across all supported languages, from initial planning & consultation to delivery of localized contents, LQAs, and bug routing
- Act as the primary localization point of contact for all cross-functional partners related to your product area, explain localization cycles and ensure global launches are timely with a high degree of linguistic quality
- Proactively lead internal and cross-functional initiatives to identify areas for process improvements across the Marketing and Operations org
- Identify localization tool & process gaps and work with localization operations to enable better support while partnering closely with localization vendors to ensure the smooth execution of tasks
- Review and influence product requirement documents (PRDs/RFCs) related that can improve globalization across Uber
- Develop & maintain critical collaborations both in HQ and globally while working closely with PMs/Engineers on product roll-outs, tool improvements/automation, and tech planning
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- At least 3 years minimum of localization project/program management experience within the high-tech industry on the client side
- Excellent understanding of localization and internationalization issues with experience in project management/program management for digital marketing
- Proficient in managing technical processes and localization of various content types such as UI, HC, Marketing, and Legal
- Experience using CAT tools to manage localization pipeline & workflows (e.g. Smartling, Idiom WorldServer, Memsource, and Trados)
- Ability to take the initiative in identifying and solving large problems while navigating ambiguity, working independently and charting the direction of projects/programs
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Technology and metrics driven – as a problem solver, you always look out for the best ways to automate or improve complex processes, and how to measure impact tangibly
- Strong analytical and problem solving experience, coupled with excellent business judgment
- Ability to lead operations at scale, learn new tools/systems quickly, be very meticulous, quality-focused, and proactive.
- Understanding or passion for Marketing Analytics (i.e. SQL data querying), International SEO, and a/b testing experimentation frameworks
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
*Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com.
See our Candidate Privacy Statement>
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada