Merchant Experience Program Lead
About EMEA Community Operations
Community Operations (CommOps) is pioneering how Uber interacts with users around the globe. We support all Uber business lines and propositions (Mobility verticals like Rides, Hailables; Delivery verticals like Eats and Grocery, and specific propositions like Uber for Business) and cover a broad range of activities including customer service, platform safety, new partner onboarding, sales, compliance and account management. Community Operations is also Uber’s face and ears to riders and driver partners, and thus plays a key role in customer insights & advocacy within Uber.
In EMEA, we lead these activities in 30+ countries and in 20+ languages, in large scale and highly nuanced market environments and operational complexity. We are very proud of being the most geographically diversified team in Uber, and welcome you to be part of our hard-working, diversified and inclusive team!
About the Role
The Merchant Experience team is transversal to all Uber Eats markets in EMEA. Our mission is to shape customer-centric experiences that foster merchants loyalty and sustainable growth.
To achieve this, we’re looking for a Program Leader capable of developing a deep understanding of our merchant. He or she will use this understanding to engage the broader Uber organization to enable merchant -centric process & product design, customer-first decision-making, relevant content, and, overall, a more customer centric culture at Uber within EMEA. The role involves leading a team of Program Managers, and building and fostering strong cross-functional relationships across Operations, Tech and CommOps teams. You will be an advocate for our customers and your leadership will instill inspiration and confidence to key stakeholders on building a successful advantage by growing and strengthening our customer focus.
This role will require (1) an outstanding customer centric mentality, and (2) a proven record to work on large scale transformational programs.
What you'll do
- Drive thought leadership on all things related to the merchant's support experience
- Scaling and improving support in an innovative way at a company that's growing and changing constantly.
- Design a customer-centric strategy & roadmap to drive impact at all levels across the organization
- Develop a deep understanding of the merchant profiles, sentiment & decision making process, through data, customer stories and research.
- Convert findings into clear, practical plans that teams across the organization can apply in order to improve customers interactions with both our Product, and Support.
- Passionately advocate for all merchants in order to help solve the problems they experience.
- Define an approach to adapt our content and Tone of Voice in order to make the merchant value proposition a reality during every interaction.
- Recruit, manage, coach, and take a deep interest in the career development of the members of your team
What You’ll Need
- Incredible compassion and understanding of merchants. You will be an excellent advocate for Uber's users and are passionate about the community experience.
- Experience with people management, passionate about guiding and developing teams to perform at the highest levels while maintaining an enjoyable and passionate atmosphere.
- Change management experience. You have previously led large scale transformational projects.
- A data-driven and analytical approach. You can look at any spreadsheet and know the right questions to ask to get to practical outcomes, and you know how to explain data in a digestible way.
- Communication. You're eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you're explaining a new policy to merchants, explaining the importance of certain complicated metrics, or addressing to senior leaders. You are able to design impactful presentations and are capable of influence and persuasion.
- Calm under pressure. You have excellent organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Natural curiosity. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for innovative solutions. You enjoy testing different strategies and tracking the results.
- Proficiency in English. Second language is a plus.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
*Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See our Candidate Privacy Statement>
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada