Strategy & Operations Lead, Driver Growth
#GreatMindsDon’tThinkAlike At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but a unique individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts.
About The Team
At ANZ Mobility, we #GoGetIt, you’ll get to work on challenging problems that require deep strategic thinking to deliver for our customers and make magic in the Uber marketplace. Your work will impact customers here and globally. It could involve building a strategy for targeting high value customers, building a more sustainable future for mobility, to discovering the best way to increase rider engagement through our membership program. This isn’t about cutting and pasting from a playbook, it’s about writing the playbook.
About The Role
Looking to impact the way the world moves? As part of the Driver Growth team you’ll directly impact the way thousands of Aussies and Kiwis earn every week - owning the identification and optimisation of new growth channels, understanding and removing funnel conversion barriers and redesigning the earner onboarding experience.
Your Impact in Role
- Shape and deliver growth acquisition strategy across operations, product and marketing channels
- Improve the onboarding experience, partnering closely with cross functional teams including product, support and CRM
- Go deep on spend levers (such as incentives and marketing) and identify areas of efficiency and incrementality optimisation
- Contribute to setting the vision, direction and priorities for the Driver Growth team more generally
The Experience You’ll Bring
- Background - experience in management consulting, professional services or in-house strategy / product / operations roles in a fast-paced environment
- Problem solving - the ability to break down ambiguous problems by applying structure and using data-driven insights to solve them
- Analytics - experience dealing with complex data sets using excel/google sheets (SQL a plus but not required), deriving and validating insights and synthesising recommendations
- Work style - experience working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines, and demonstrated ability to coordinate, plan and prioritise tasks across multiple projects
What's in it for you?
Uber's culture and values are at the core of everything we do, so that our employees can better understand who we are and what it’s like to work at Uber today.
We pride ourselves on the amazing team we’ve built. The driver behind all of our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology we bring to life is the people that make Uber, #OneUber.
Doing your best work means being your best self. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that are uniquely Uber to support your health and wellbeing. These benefits have been designed with #OneUber in mind, supporting the whole you and the way that you work best.
- We provide our employees with monthly Uber credits to use against the full value of Eats & Rides (whichever applicable in your market) plus a 17% discount (excluding non-restaurant food deliveries) on orders through our App (which exists even when your credits expire).
- Family comes first, and our paid parental leave (minimum 18 weeks full pay with additional benefits or paid leave depending on your location) is accessible for all new parents from day 1 (with no tenure requirement). New parents at Uber will also receive access to Cleo, flexible return to work options, and additional Uber credits during their period of leave (because let's face it, who wants to cook with a little one around?)
- Reset, Refresh and Recharge: we have a generous paid leave policy, providing paid leave in addition to the statutory annual leave depending on your location (excluding certain roles in the CommOps org). Additional eligibility requirements apply.
- Personal health and wellbeing - depending on location, you can access a healthcare plan or reimbursement for a plan of your choice up to a nominated value. You will also receive a monthly wellbeing allowance to use throughout the year across a range of items including; gym / fitness memberships, mindfulness apps, fitness equipment, ski passes and more. We also provide Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) that connect you to resources & support.
- Uber has always been a flexible organisation and COVID has only amplified this. Our global policy is 50% of time in office, and employees can apply to be fully remote if you think that’s best for you. We also provide opportunities to work for one month a year in another Uber location. These opportunities are tailored to specific individuals, roles and teams, subject to applicable terms and conditions.
- When you are in the office, we have an amazing range of facilities accessible for all Uber employees. Our dedicated facilities teams host regular events and opportunities to connect, as well as arranging the food program; catered lunch / breakfast (location dependant) and you’ll find our kitchens fully stocked with a variety of healthy (& not so healthy) snacks & drinks.
The benefits mentioned here, to the extent they are in addition to those minimum statutory requirements, are provided at Uber’s sole discretion and are subject to change in the future. Terms and conditions may apply to each benefit.
Unsure if this role is the right fit for you?
We encourage you to review the details of the job role and imagine how you can impact not only our organization but the world using your unique talents. We reimagine the way the world moves for the better. Even if you do not fit all of the criteria for the role, we welcome you to apply to explore opportunities within Uber.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
*Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com.
See our Candidate Privacy Statement>
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada