Head of Partner Development, Uber Direct Taiwan
#GreatMindsDon’tThinkAlike At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but a unique individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts. (Diversity Statement)
About The Team
Since 2020, Delivery at Uber has grown tremendously on the back of increased demand caused by the pandemic at the same time as we have expanded into new use cases and verticals like Grocery, Alcohol, Pick up and more. What has also become clear is that merchants across all categories have also increased their investment and interest in their digital and delivery offering. In many cases same day or next day will not be adequate as customers demand for immediate delivery is growing.
Without having their own on-demand logistics capability, merchants are looking for a partner who can fulfill the requirement for last-mile delivery. With millions of drivers and couriers providing on-demand logistics through our existing marketplaces around the world, Uber Direct is a newly launched product that allows all merchants, who want to maximise on a vast network of delivery partners, to do so and fulfill the on-demand last-mile-delivery service for orders on their own app and websites. Uber Direct has the potential to be our next multi-billion dollar business and is a meaningful requirement for our existing marketplace partners!
About The Role
Uber Eats is seeking a commercial leader to drive growth for Uber Direct in Taiwan managing the end-to-end merchant portfolio. You will be leading a commercial team responsible for closing partnerships and growing those businesses through outstanding account management. You will also be the thought partner to GM of Direct on crafting the winning strategy and defining the Go-To-Market plan.
This role calls for a well-rounded combination of strategy, sales and commercial skills, and leadership. We operate in a fast paced environment, so will need a highly adaptable candidate who is able to change directions between long-term critical initiatives one moment and rapid, tactical actions the next.
Your Impact in Role
- Value Proposition Design - Defining the outstanding selling points of Uber Direct to differentiate our product/service in a highly competitive market.
- Pipeline Management - Leading to prioritise closing the right merchants, taking into considerations on growth trajectory and financial sustainability, and directly engage C-level as needed to progress.
- Merchant Growth - Leading the team to set up standards and levers to becoming the preferred partner of the merchants. Ensure end to end experience for our merchants is easy, and operations flow with high levels of reliability.
- Team Management - Lead a highly productive team to achieve ambitious growth targets. Work closely to influence a broader range of local, regional and international partners to remove blockers and deliver your growth, and commercial goals.
The Experience You’ll Bring
- Professional work experience in a related field (start-up, operations, strategy, analytics, tech).
- English and Mandarin proficiency
- Strong analytical capabilities (i.e. Excel/Google Sheets or SQL proficiency a plus)
What's in it for you? Culture & Benefits
Uber's culture and values are at the core of everything we do, so that our employees can better understand who we are and what it’s like to work at Uber today. We pride ourselves on the amazing team we’ve built. The driver behind all of our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology we bring to life is the people that make Uber, #OneUber.
Doing your best work means being your best self. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that are uniquely Uber to support your health and wellbeing. These benefits have been designed with # OneUber in mind, supporting the whole you and the way that you work best.
- You will receive monthly Uber credits to use against the full value of Eats, Rides and Grocery (anything you can order in app) plus a 17% discount (which exists even when your credits expire).
- Family comes first, and our paid parental leave (18 weeks full pay) is accessible for all new parents from day 1 (with no tenure requirement). New parents at Uber will also receive access to Cleo, flexible return to work options, and additional Uber credits during their period of leave (because let's face it, who wants to cook with a little one around?)
- Reset, Refresh and Recharge: we have a generous unlimited paid leave policy, providing paid leave in addition to the statutory annual leave (excluding certain roles in the CommOps org).
- Personal health and wellbeing - depending on location, you can access a healthcare plan or reimbursement for a plan of your choice up to a nominated value. You will also receive a monthly wellbeing allowance to use throughout the year across a range of items including; gym / fitness memberships, mindfulness apps, fitness equipment, ski passes and more. We also provide Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) that connect you to resources & support.
- Uber has always been a flexible organisation and COVID has only amplified this. Our global policy is 50% of time in office, we provide the opportunity to work for one month a year in another Uber location and employees can apply to be fully remote if you think that’s best for you. These opportunities are tailored to specific individuals, roles and teams.
- When you are in the office, we have an amazing range of facilities accessible for all Uber employees. Our dedicated facilities teams host regular events and opportunities to connect, as well as arranging the food program; catered lunch / breakfast (location dependant) and you’ll find our kitchens fully stocked with a variety of healthy (& not so healthy) snacks & drinks.
Unsure if this role is the right fit for you?
We encourage you to review the details of the job role and imagine how you can impact not only our organization but the world using your unique talents. We reimagine the way the world moves for the better. Even if you do not fit all of the criteria for the role, we welcome you to apply to explore opportunities within Uber.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
*Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See our Candidate Privacy Statement>
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada