Product Designer I, FinTech Sofia
About the Role
As a Product Designer on the FinTech team, you will collaborate with a number of customers across Business, Product and Engineering. You will get to solve a variety of problems related to a variety of problems related to Tax systems UI and UX, while making it easy for Uber earners to access and retrieve their tax documents, and be responsible for the design of our internal self-service configuration tooling and document generation tool.
What the Candidate Will Need
- Thoughtfully solve problems for our users and for our business
- Connect with users and customers to understand their needs and constraints, carry out user interviews and apply design practices to improve the experience of Uber Web and Mobile products.
- Work closely with research, product, and engineering partners to deeply build trust and solve issues related to the tax experience, define design requirements, and identify future opportunities
- Build products that provide the right level of detail at each stage of the product development process - from presentations that communicate design strategy to pixel-perfect prototypes for engineers
- Regularly participate in design critiques with Uber's design team and ship high quality end-to-end experiences
- Actively collaborate with the execution teams (Engineering, Product and Product Ops) to see your designs in the user's hands.
- Your interpersonal work will help millions of people every day around the world!
- 2+ years of experience as a Product Designer
- Experience working on both Mobile and Web products
- Record enterprise tools designs would be considered a plus
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work
- Experience working with qualitative and quantitative data that helps ground your decisions in real data, marketplace needs & norms, and business OKRs.
- Experience building user interfaces for external and internal customers
- Ability to work collaboratively across cross-functional teams and levels
- Examples of developing and conveying ideas clearly in a written and visual format—clearly demonstrate how your designs solve customers' problems or make valuable contributions
- Ability to facilitate discussions about your work and help drive toward decisions
- A track record of shipping excellent design with an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle, and ability to make tradeoff decisions.
- Experience building products for Android or iOS, and web
- Experience with design and prototyping tools (e.g. Figma, Adobe XD, etc.)
- Knowledge of Mobile and Web design patterns
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
*Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See our Candidate Privacy Statement>
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada