Sr Software Engineer, Network Infrastructure - Uber Platform Engineering
About the Role
As a senior software engineer, you will have the opportunity to lead several essential projects that build a reliable and efficient hybrid-cloud network platform for Uber’s rapidly growing global businesses.
The focus area includes
- The automation platform for daily network operations, including fundamental monitoring, troubleshooting, failure analysis, failover, configuration management, traffic engineering, and so forth;
- The network security systems that encrypt Uber’s critical data and protect Uber from attacks;
- The comprehensive testing framework for the reliability and risk automatic management of Uber's global network infrastructure;
- The systems and tools that migrate Uber's global and heterogeneous platform to different clouds with the highest reliability, safety, and performance;
It is an opportunity to join several greenfield projects to drive the platform architecture from the ground up and bring a significant impact, both technically and commercially.
What you'll do
- Design and implement automatic risk management systems that protect the extraordinarily complicated and heterogeneous Uber platform from service degradations;
- Understand the details of different clouds and the challenges faced by various systems in Uber's platform and design tools and approaches to navigate the cloud migrations;
- Directly work with product teams and customers to design and implement new features and products based on the ability of the entire Uber platform;
- Have fun and create a culture of belonging, wellness, diversity, inclusion, and career growth for the product design organization;
What you'll need
- Network infrastructure software system background
- Ability to develop senior designers and managers and bring out their best work
- A solid understanding of designing based on metrics to achieve business objectives
- Clear and compelling written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- A bonus if you are a domain expert in the field of public cloud, on-prem hardware/datacenters, compute, storage, networking, containers/orchestration, observability, big data, IT systems.
- 6+ years of experience with systems software engineering. Sound understanding of computer architecture and CS fundamentals.
- Proficient in one of the following programming languages: Java, Go, Python, C/C++.
- Detailed problem-solving approach and knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity in a constantly evolving environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
*Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com.
See our Candidate Privacy Statement>
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada