Sr Merchant Analytics and Insights Manager
#GreatMindsDon’tThinkAlike At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but a unique individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts.
About the role
Since launching in Japan in 2016, Uber Eats has become deeply rooted in the local food culture, both shaping and celebrating it, and helping small and large businesses connect with customers 2022 brings a new chapter of the Delivery story. #GoGetIt embodies the attitude and mindset of Delivery at Uber. Our vision is to 'deliver anything, to anyone, at anytime' and our goal is to make Uber a daily essential in people's life.
Apply your deep operational and analytical abilities to develop practical insights for our Restaurant Partners to improve operational efficiency and drive sustainable growth. You will have the autonomy to lead high impact initiatives, make improvements to tools & processes and deploy restaurant product suites. This role is highly collaborative with Sales and cross-functional teams so stakeholder communication will be key.
Your impact in the role
- Develop insights, strategy, and initiatives for our restaurant partners to drive sustainable growth by analyzing the market, visualizing key findings, and evaluating business implications
- Lead the development and implementation of advanced automated reporting tools and dashboards to allow internal teams and external partners to operate more effectively in support of business goals
- Collaborate with Sales and other key stakeholders locally and globally to create compelling business cases and launch new mission critical features for merchant product suites
- Continuously streamline all ‘business as usual’ operations to ensure execution excellence, improve operational efficiencies, and ultimately contribute to the growth of core business metrics
The experience you’ll bring
- Experiences working in a highly dynamic operational and analytical environments where you have program managed large scale insights and initiatives from 0 to 1
- Exceptionally data-driven and analytical during decision-making and recommending actions from insights but also possesses excellent verbal and written communication in English (and preferably Japanese) due to the large number of stakeholders that this role will be collaborating with
- Extremely comfortable with manipulating, analyzing, and modeling a vast amounts of data using advanced SQL skills, Excel, Google Sheet, and Google Data Studio. Data analysis & visualization programming languages such as Python and R are highly desirable. Working knowledge of Salesforce and business intelligence tools are also preferable
- Curiosity to explore and solve ambiguous and complex problems. Ability to organize logically and prioritize systematically. Unafraid to apply creativity to build from the ground up but also able operate autonomously
What's in it for you?
Uber's culture and values are at the core of everything we do, so that our employees can better understand who we are and what it’s like to work at Uber today. We pride ourselves on the amazing team we’ve built. The driver behind all of our growth, our bold and innovative brand, and the exciting technology we bring to life is the people that make Uber, #OneUber.
Doing your best work means being your best self. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that are uniquely Uber to support your health and wellbeing. These benefits have been designed with # OneUber in mind, supporting the whole you and the way that you work best.
- You will receive monthly Uber credits to use against the full value of Eats, Rides and Grocery (anything you can order in app) plus a 17% discount (which exists even when your credits expire).
- Family comes first, and our paid parental leave (18 weeks full pay) is accessible for all new parents from day 1 (with no tenure requirement). New parents at Uber will also receive access to Cleo, flexible return to work options, and additional Uber credits during their period of leave (because let's face it, who wants to cook with a little one around?)
- Reset, Refresh and Recharge: we have a generous unlimited paid leave policy, providing paid leave in addition to the statutory annual leave (excluding certain roles in the CommOps org).
- Personal health and wellbeing - depending on location, you can access a healthcare plan or reimbursement for a plan of your choice up to a nominated value. You will also receive a monthly wellbeing allowance to use throughout the year across a range of items including; gym / fitness memberships, mindfulness apps, fitness equipment, ski passes and more. We also provide Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) that connect you to resources & support.
- Uber has always been a flexible organization and COVID has only amplified this. Our global policy is 50% of time in office, we provide the opportunity to work for one month a year in another Uber location and employees can apply to be fully remote if you think that’s best for you. These opportunities are tailored to specific individuals, roles and teams.
- When you are in the office, we have an amazing range of facilities accessible for all Uber employees. Our dedicated facilities teams host regular events and opportunities to connect, as well as arranging the food program; catered lunch / breakfast (location dependant) and you’ll find our kitchens fully stocked with a variety of healthy (& not so healthy) snacks & drinks.
- Based on the combination of business needs and personal interest, we provide language learning support so you can improve your English or Japanese, through our carefully vetted vendor partner. This will include both 1:1 private coaching lessons, group learning sessions, as well as online learning.
Unsure if this role is the right fit for you?
We encourage you to review the details of the job role and imagine how you can impact not only our organization but the world using your unique talents. We reimagine the way the world moves for the better. Even if you do not fit all of the criteria for the role, we welcome you to apply to explore opportunities within Uber.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
*Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com.
See our Candidate Privacy Statement>
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada