Product Manager - Safety
About the Role
As a PM in Uber’s Safety team, you will drive the product charter to uncover challenges and deliver solutions at a global scale.
We are seeking an outstanding and hard-working Product Manager with technical depth, product intuition and daring spirit to drive the user experiences roadmap.
The role demands principled thinking, a stubborn refusal to settle, daring innovation, and a mentality that always starts with the user. With a champion team at a global footprint, such as our star engineers, Product Designers, Operations and Data in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment we will together build tools, contextual experiences and implement policies to engender trust among our users!
What You'll Do
- Build user-facing products as well as backend solutions that empower a magnificent user experience.
- Be comfortable in uncharted territory as we build outstanding technologies for eaters, riders, drivers, couriers and every user who touches the Uber community.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is vital to advise product direction by soliciting and accepting critical feedback.
- Seek opportunities for new products that grip Uber's global scale and build upon its infrastructure to provide outstanding and lasting customer value.
- Work with our regional teams to understand issues on the ground and make those solutions a part of your roadmap.
- Clearly communicate plans, insights, data and results to a spectrum of audiences including executives, other product teams, and other decision-makers across Uber.
- Partner with User Experience Research, Operations and Support teams to seek insights on user problems and evangelize those problems, along with your proposed solutions, across Uber.
- Distill the vision and strategy, and generate passion across the cross-functional team through creative problem solving and ruthless prioritization.
What You'll Need
- User empathy. Have the full understanding of the user experience and struggles, and are motivated to mitigate any user friction.
- Data savvy. Roll up your sleeve and get deep into the weeds, e.g. proficiency in SQL queries.
- Leadership. Being able to educate and align cross-team team members on product decisions.
- Passion. Excitement to share our message and dedication to win user trust, the industry, and other professionals.
- A great teammate. Product instincts are matched by your humility and willingness to problem-solve with the team, take the lead and have a great sense of what doing ‘the right thing’ is. You are an enabler not a blocker. Seek to mentor and share your knowledge with others.
- Minimum of 5 years experience delivering highly successful products in a tech company, and you're very proud of what you've accomplished.
Bonus Points For
- Experience working within a highly matrixed organization including collaborators across Product, Eng, Business Ops, Public Policy and more.
- Experience with User Research or have outstanding design instincts that speak for customer obsession.
- Experience with the users and challenges faced in Growth domains.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form (https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
*Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See our Candidate Privacy Statement>
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada