Senior Design Engineer II - Design Systems
About the Role
The Design Systems team is looking to hire a Design Engineer who understands both the powers and the pains of design and engineering. This individual will tackle learning new tools and new workflows to identify gaps and develop effective solutions.
Within this role, you will work with other System Designers and Product Designers across all Uber's products/services. There will be close collaboration with Systems Engineers and Product Engineers to resolve gaps in understanding and implementation to bring design ideas to actual products. You will have opportunities to launch new workflows to build, manage, prototype, and iterate on design frameworks and systems.
What You Will Do
- Take the initiative to interview with an array of teams, disciplines, and business lines to identify bottlenecks and develop workflow solutions.
- Implement Figma plugins and engineering scripts to improve Design to Engineering efficiencies.
- Design and build dashboards to understand the adoption of design systems.
- Automate pipelines to bring the newest icons, specifications, and components to designers and, consequently, engineers.
- Partner with design system engineers to ensure component quality is high.
- Connect with engineering teams as an advocate for design systems thinking.
- Unblock product implementation by understanding both technical limitations and design intention to arrive at a workable solution.
- 5+ years of working on public-facing consumer products:
- Strong development skills in Android and/or iOS.
- Familiar with the latest coding practices and libraries.
- Experience using data to form and validate strategic hypotheses.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Human-Computer Interaction, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience leading a program or a platform team.
- Experience designing tools and solutions for adjacent teams or the entire organization.
- Understand the product release cycle, making necessary tradeoffs and prioritization decisions to ship.
- Able to connect people to ideas in a way that generates excitement.
- Willing to learn new skills and emerging technologies (AI, VR, Unity, etc.)
For New York, NY-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $198,000 per year - $220,000 per year.
For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $198,000 per year - $220,000 per year.
For Seattle, WA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $198,000 per year - $220,000 per year.
For all US locations, you will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
See our Candidate Privacy Statement>
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada