Regional Operations Manager (Marketplace Efficiency), Delivery - EMEA
About the Role
On the Uber Eats Regional Operations team, we serve the business and local markets by building and scaling effective implementations and initiatives, supporting country teams, and driving innovation in the region.
You will be joining the Marketplace Efficiency team which is accountable for building processes and scaling product solutions to make sure that all factors find value in the platform (Couriers, Restaurants, Eaters, and Uber itself). In that sense, the team is driving key business metrics on Financial Health, Courier Earnings, Eater Experience, and overall Reliability of the Marketplace.
A few of the focus areas for the regional operations manager would be as follows:
- Pricing: How to increase Courier Earnings while improving spending efficiency through scaling innovative Pricing and Incentive Products regionally
- Dispatch and Logistics: How to drive Platform efficiency and savings while improving Eater Experience through scaling dispatch optimization Products and Processes
- Live Monitoring: how to optimize the tradeoff between Eater Experience and Savings through deploying and scaling real-time Marketplace management products
Projects involve analysis with large data sets, innovative problem-solving, and being able to surface insights and conclusions to then reach high-impact solutions. This is the team for a tenacious truth-seeker, who is thrilled to get in grip with the toughest problems, possesses exceptional analytical and collaboration skills, attention to detail, and a desire to scale solutions at a regional scale.
Your impact in the role:
- Scale Product solutions: As the regional product champion for EMEA Marketplace, ensure the interface between EMEA Operations and Product teams - bringing together and structuring product requirements, deploying new product features, tracking & follow-up on issues and bugs, and scaling impactful product features across EMEA markets
- Build & scale Processes: Create new and scale existing processes across EMEA in order to enable the business to efficiently operate and grow, and give time back to Country Ops. Build thorough insights and analytics on handled processes, from data-backed idea generation & decision-making, to formalized performance measurement
- Project management and execution: Act as the Project Manager for Products and Processes led by you, creating launch and expansion plans, aligning multiple team members, tracking issues, driving root-cause analyses, measuring marketplace performance, and supervising progress against goals
- Analytics & data-driven decision making: Build comprehensive, data-backed frameworks & models to drive investment & pricing decisions in the region and optimize our marketplace efficiency
- Stakeholder management & collaboration: Build credibility and deliver high-added value to Local Operations teams (strong Partner Management), through insights & analytics, and end-to-end process management of key initiatives. Collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders - cross-functional teams in EMEA HQ, Amsterdam (Regional Operations teams, Strategy & Planning, Finance, Customer Support), Local Operations teams, Product, Engineering, and Data Science organizations in San Francisco and NYC, and other Regional teams around the world.
The experience you will bring:
- 3+ years of Proven track record in Business Operations, Management Consulting, and/or Investment Banking with a strong analytical background.
- Understanding of marketplace dynamics, and adapting to a multi-layered work environment, in the context of a fast-growing company.
- A Bachelor's or Master’s Degree, preferably in Economics, Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent
- Excellent soft skills with an ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans and clearly present data to various audiences.
- An inventive approach that understands and enjoys experimental design and statistical methods
- Good problem-solving expertise with the potential to structure the challenges we face into concrete action plans.
- Strong partner handling experience alongside working in diverse, cross-functional, and global environments.
- Up-to-date analytical skills in SQL and Excel/G-Sheets. Exposure or curiosity in Python, R, or similar Data Science programming languages is a plus
- Exposure or interest in up-to-date Statistical methods and Experiment design
- Validated project management expertise with the potential to set up and implement processes or projects from the ground up
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
*Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com.
See our Candidate Privacy Statement>
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada