APAC Senior Tax Analyst
#GreatMindsDon’tThinkAlike At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but a unique individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts.
About The Team
The Finance team is at the forefront of decision-making when it comes to new investments and product launches at Uber. We sit at the center of the business, partnering with leadership to support our strategy of making life easier for our millions of customers and allowing hundreds of thousands of drivers partners, courtier partners and merchants to make money. We need to understand every area of the business and how it rolls into the P&L. We #SeeTheForestAndTheTrees by knowing the details that matter.
About The Role
At Uber, Tax roles are business critical and can have a real impact on our potential growth in each market. Tax at Uber is for people who are keen to have skin in the game on business decisions and are excited about being an advocate for change.
This is an amazing opportunity to join our growing APAC Regional Tax team. Our business continues to grow at breakneck speed, requiring close tax support and business partnering. So, if you welcome a high-growth, fast-paced international environment, this may be the opportunity for you!
Your Impact in Role:
- You will work closely with the APAC Tax team and cross-functional teams including finance, legal, business operations, etc, to execute direct tax advisory, compliance and litigation in the APAC region.
- Identify and research various tax issues and articulate findings to management through verbal and written communication.
- Review new product launches across various business lines in APAC from a corporate tax perspective
- Coordination of tax compliance work and preparation of quarterly and annual tax provision calculations
The Experience You’ll Bring:
- Strong direct tax/corporate tax experience in corporate, industry, consulting and/or law firms, with exposure to the APAC region.
- Experience with preparation and review of income tax returns and tax accounting workpapers.
- Strong foundation of accounting and tax audit skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, and high-growth organisation, and in developing and sustaining relationships with internal and cross-functional collaborators, as well as external tax advisors and tax authorities.
What's in it for you?
Uber's culture and values are at the core of everything we do, so that our employees can better understand who we are and what it’s like to work at Uber today. We pride ourselves on the amazing team we’ve built. The driver behind all of our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology we bring to life is the people that make Uber, #OneUber.
Doing your best work means being your best self. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that are uniquely Uber to support your health and wellbeing. These benefits have been designed with # OneUber in mind, supporting the whole you and the way that you work best.
- You will receive monthly Uber credits to use against the full value of Eats, Rides and Grocery (anything you can order in app) plus a 17% discount (which exists even when your credits expire).
- Family comes first, and our paid parental leave (18 weeks full pay) is accessible for all new parents from day 1 (with no tenure requirement). New parents at Uber will also receive access to Cleo, flexible return to work options, and additional Uber credits during their period of leave (because let's face it, who wants to cook with a little one around?)
- Reset, Refresh and Recharge: we have a generous unlimited paid leave policy, providing paid leave in addition to the statutory annual leave (excluding certain roles in the CommOps org).
- Personal health and wellbeing - depending on location, you can access a healthcare plan or reimbursement for a plan of your choice up to a nominated value. You will also receive a monthly wellbeing allowance to use throughout the year across a range of items including; gym / fitness memberships, mindfulness apps, fitness equipment, ski passes and more. We also provide Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) that connect you to resources & support.
- Uber has always been a flexible organisation and COVID has only amplified this. Our global policy is 50% of time in office, we provide the opportunity to work for one month a year in another Uber location and employees can apply to be fully remote if you think that’s best for you. These opportunities are tailored to specific individuals, roles and teams.
- When you are in the office, we have an amazing range of facilities accessible for all Uber employees. Our dedicated facilities teams host regular events and opportunities to connect, as well as arranging the food program; catered lunch / breakfast (location dependant) and you’ll find our kitchens fully stocked with a variety of healthy (& not so healthy) snacks & drinks.
Unsure if this role is the right fit for you?
We encourage you to review the details of the job role and imagine how you can impact not only our organization but the world using your unique talents. We reimagine the way the world moves for the better. Even if you do not fit all of the criteria for the role, we welcome you to apply to explore opportunities within Uber.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
*Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See our Candidate Privacy Statement>
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada