Head of Strategy & Planning, India and South Asia
About the Role
The InSA mobility business spans 3 countries (100+ cities) and is a key element of Uber's growth, profitability, and innovation roadmap. As a business, we face an outstanding set of opportunities and challenges due to the regulatory, competitive and economic uniqueness of our region.
The InSA S&P team shapes our strategic approach to the region and coordinates actions across Operations, Marketing, Finance and other functional teams. The team is responsible for leading our long term growth strategy, annual planning cycle, our competitive strategy and response, business forensics and governance of business cadences.
Additionally, the team is uniquely positioned as an incubator for strategic bets which historically have involved launching key products and partnerships.
What You'll Do:
This role reports to the Head of S&P, APAC and is a core part of the InSA leadership team. S/he will manage a team of associates and will be a key partner to the President, InSA Mobility and Head, APAC S&P as a facilitator, advisor, creator and executor of corporate, operating and competitive strategy. S/he will be at the nexus of information within internal business partners at a global, regional and local level. Key responsibilities will include:
- Strategy: Work closely with the leadership team to co-create, align and iterate on overall vision & long term strategy for the InSA mobility business.
- Planning: Lead annual and bi-annual business planning while working to build out OKRs, operational reporting, projections, and key business metrics to inform the leadership and the entire org of where the business stands.
- Competitive Analysis: Own full lifecycle of competitive data tracking and analysis for the region. Deliver insights to develop an understanding of regional and market level competitive landscape.
- Governance: Own regional governance, including monthly and quarterly business reviews. Undertake business forensics deep dives to identify long term trends concerning the business.
- Program / Project management: Support strategic bets that are being incubated or require strategic leadership and support across the region.
- Leadership stakeholder management: Foster strong working relationships with leaders from cross functional teams (Engineering, Corporate Development, Product, etc.) and help elevate InSA priorities on the global roadmaps.
- Coach and develop: Work closely with your team to level up their output and maintain a culture of high performance.
What You'll Need:
- 10+ years of robust work experience in strategy consulting or investment banking along with a deep understanding of e-commerce in India.
- 5+ years of experience leading a team - preferably encompassing both strategy and operations functions.
- Critical Thinking to assess and unlock new business opportunities, anticipate business trends, think deep while not losing sight of the bigger picture, and bring a data driven decision making mentality
- Powerful executive communication skills with experience in driving leadership communication - both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build high trust relationships and influence decision making even without formal authority.
- High tolerance for ambiguity with a natural reflex for reducing a complex business problem into well structured tangible components
- Pareto thinking to balance strong attention to detail with swift execution - Balancing these can be challenging, and this should be a strength!
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
*Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See our Candidate Privacy Statement>
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada