Product Operations Manager, Safety
About the Role
The fundamental goal of Product Operations is to improve the value ensure we build the right products to move our business forward. To achieve this goal, we work closely with cross-functional team members across Operations, Marketing, Product and many more, to identify and prioritize new business needs/opportunities, rollout new products or iterate existing ones products!
What You Will Do
- Define the operating structure and processes to implement on product strategy as an individual contributor on a highly-effective product operations team
- Lead a community of strategic leaders to encourage meaningful impact to the business
- Maintain regular communications with key partners across the org
- Ensure functional partners are aligned on key objectives for the program/product
- Advise product teams on the global feasibility of products throughout the product lifecycle
- Develop an end-to-end product rollout plan, and project-manage implementation
- Collaborate main teams (legal, tax, policy, support etc) to prepare the product for launch
- Track core business metrics related to the product
- Identify key problem areas and/or geographies impacted by the product post-launch
- Surface and advocate for key insights from the business to advise product improvements
What the Candidate Will Need
- Experience in operations, business consulting, finance or similar analytical role
- SQL Proficiency and deep analytical experience to support critical decisions
- Understanding of supply and demand models
- Large scale, global project management experience
- Excellent communication, the ability to engage internal and external customers
- Deep understanding of the user experience
- Prior experience working on global projects, or in an international setting
- Ability to cultivate collaboration and facilitate partnership
- Strategic alignment, able to bring associates across functions together
- Economics or quantitative experience is a plus
About the Safety Team
The mission of the Safety product group is for Uber to be the safest and the most trusted transportation choice and support riders and drivers with empathy and care when things go wrong. The Product Operations Specialist supporting this Area will play a key role in bringing this mission to life, partnering with key team members throughout the Company to ensure we develop products that our customers want and need.
Our group of product teams build a diverse array of products to serve a wide range of customers - everything from drivers, couriers, riders and eaters. Our products touch 100% of global trips and build innovative solutions requiring tight coordination of hardware, software and operations!
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
*Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See our Candidate Privacy Statement>
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada