Product Manager II, Rider Support - Customer Obsession
About the Role
As a Product Manager for Customer Obsession, you will be responsible for the strategy and development of support solutions built to deliver exceptional customer experiences across mobile, web, and phone platforms for Uber Riders.
In this role, you will be using best of breed technologies (including AI/machine learning) and innovative design thinking to accomplish this at a scale that has never been done before in the industry! This includes ensuring that riders are matched with the best kind of help (chatbot, phone, email, chat, etc.) based on their issue, and coming up with support solutions for new mobility product offerings (e.g. taxis, micro-mobility, autonomous vehicles, etc.).
What the candidate will Do
- Define the roadmap and lead the execution of support solutions for Uber Riders and drive cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive intel, Rider behavior or other business metrics. Solicit and welcome critical feedback.
- Make tradeoff decisions based on technical and business insights and experimentation.
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed insights back into the product development process to drive growth.
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from internal stakeholders to Uber executives, employees, and Riders.
- Minimum of 4 years Product Management experience delivering highly successful web or mobile products. A computer science undergraduate degree or other engineering degree equivalent.
- A real passion for the customer, extraordinary technical depth, principled thinking and well-honed product judgment. Looking for someone with a refusal to settle, bold innovation and a mentality of starting with a customer first approach.
- Data-driven decision-making ability and a "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
- Experience with ML, NLP, AI, Chatbot a significant plus along with A/B testing, growth hacking, etc.
- Excellent understanding of Mobile & Web development and automation technologies.
- Grittiness: You don't hesitate to take initiative and address something hands-on, you persevere when others give up.
- High standards across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- Passion for Uber's mission, the company's hybrid technology/operations nature and a deep desire to grow and learn!
For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $149,000 per year - $165,500 per year.
For Sunnyvale, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $149,000 per year - $165,500 per year.
For all US locations, you will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We’ve grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company’s discretion.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada