Chief of staff to the RGM, EMEA Mobility
About the role
The EMEA Uber Rides business spans over 40 countries across 3 continents and is one of the main drivers of Uber’s growth and profitability. As a business, we face a wide ranging set of opportunities and challenges due to regulatory, competitive and economic differences in our region. The EMEA Strategy and Planning team works directly for the Regional General Manager of EMEA to shape our strategic approach to the region, implement changes and coordinate actions across Operations, Marketing, Support, and our functional teams. The team has recurring responsibilities leading our annual planning cycle & governance, quarterly strategy refresh, etc. Additionally, the team runs strategic projects which historically have involved launching new markets, driving the implementation of product/legal or policy changes, leading M&A integrations and working with functions to improve performance.
The Chief of Staff will work directly with the Regional General Manager of EMEA Mobility (Anabel Diaz) and our Regional Heads of Operations to lead planning and governance for the region and support Anabel in the day to day management of the EMEA mobility organization. Additionally, you will run strategic cross regional projects of a one-off nature.
What You’ll Do
- Competitive Strategy: Work closely with Ops leadership to build our competitive strategy and budget allocation processes
- Program/Project Management: Execute on strategic programs and projects, usually related to competition efforts, such as investigating new pricing options or devising new response strategies to new competitors
- Process Improvement: Identify the biggest operational gaps, inefficiencies, and risks using our internal data and deliver solutions
- Scale: Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and expansion efforts, and make decisions based on data.
- Develop Relationships: Collaborate with other functional areas (Engineering, Business Development, People Operations, Product, Legal, Finance, Rides, Eats, Nemo etc.) to ensure efficient and productive working relationships
What You'll Need
- 7+ years of experience in investment banking, consulting, business intelligence and strategy. Ideally combined with a start-up background.
- A degree in BA or MA in Economic, Business, Computer Science. Bonus points if you have an MBA
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills with exposure to senior partners, cross-functional teams and global teams
- Strong project management and governance expertise
- Experience in defining solutions to complex, strategic topics with a deeply analytical approach to issues
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well
- Self-starter - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and address something hands-on, you persevere and remain resilient.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We’ve grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company’s discretion.
\* Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada