Data Scientist II
About the Role
We are looking for a data scientist to join the Customer Obsession Data Science team in Uber Bangalore. This team is colocated with CO engineering, product, and, design teams and is at the heart of Uber's focus to provide world-class customer support experiences both in-app and other live channels. The ideal candidate will be working closely with mobile and backend engineers and product managers to create and complete the direction of the product development. This will include providing an end-to-end data science workflow that includes scoping the business problem, providing a data lens to product design, owning the experimentation cycle to full global rollouts, and eventually impact estimation. The product development roadmap includes several projects both on customer-facing mobile apps as well as internal tools that require deep knowledge of machine learning, advanced statistics, causal inferential techniques, and, some knowledge about natural language processing would be preferred.
---- What You Will Do --—
- Develop statistical models/analysis and apply them to solve real-time problems;
- Create practical data insights and solutions from Uber’s large datasets;
- Employing a mastery of statistical analysis, including descriptive statistics, correlation, regression, and confidence intervals;
- Designing metrics and developing SQL queries to generate reports; and
- Own experimentation related to product development and partner with engineering, design, and product teams during the product development cycle
---- What You Will Need --—
- M.S. or Bachelors degree in Math, Economics, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields. (If M.S. degree, a minimum of 2+ years of industry experience required and if Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 2+ years of industry experience as a Product Analyst or equivalent)
- Advanced SQL expertise
- Basic understanding of experimental design (such as A/B experiments) and statistical methods
- Ability and experience in extracting insights from data, and summarizing learnings/takeaways
- Experience with Excel and some dashboarding/data visualization (i.e. Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker, or similar)
- Advanced degrees in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Operation Research, Machine Learning or other quantitative fields
Strong background in developing time-series predictive models using classical as well emerging machine learning methods.
5+ years of industry experience in consumer-facing product analytics
- Strong storytelling: distill interesting and hard-to-find insights into a compelling, concise data story
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage relationships with partners coming from both technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Strong judgment, critical thinking, and decision-making skills
- Ability to solve complex business problems that cross multiple product/project areas and teams,veteran
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We’ve grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company’s discretion.
\* Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada