Global Lead, Ad Data Solutions & Capability-Uber Advertising
About the Team
Uber Advertising’s vision is to offer the most marketplace-centric advertising to connect Uber's platform users (eaters, riders, and earners) with advertisers. Uber Advertising’s platform brings together location based and shopping data with closed loop attribution across its mobility and delivery channels for performance and brand campaigns, enabling advertisers to engage with our consumers through the entire marketing funnel - from awareness through purchase to loyalty and advocacy for Uber users.
At Uber, we have set up a new Uber Advertising division to spearhead the growth of its advertising business. By building a dedicated advertising organization and a suite of advertising products, Uber Advertising will enable merchants and brands to reach and convert its highly engaged user base across its Mobility and Delivery platforms in 32 markets.
About the Role
Our Global advertisers rely on our Measurement and Insights team’s brand and performance insights to drive future investment decisions with Uber Advertising Platform. In this role as Global Ad Data Solution & Capability lead, you will own and build the capabilities to make Uber Advertising data understandable for all the downstream teams and make the advertising data understandable, accessible, and scalable across our advertising teams. As Global Ad Data Solution & Capability Lead you will ensure the capabilities required for better and faster decision quality at scale leveraging Uber’s data advantage and applying analytic rigor are built and sustained. You will be the key enabler for our Measurement and Insights Operations team by providing critical tools and capabilities so that they can make data driven campaign insights to elevate performance and guide advertisers’ investment strategy via deep quantitative insights. We are looking for a passionate Ads Data Solution & Capability leader to own and optimize the big data pipeline that consumes the massive advertising data sources we require to generate unique insights with more depth and breadth, faster & more frequent measurement reporting across advertisers for both our Delivery and Mobility business.
What You’ll Do
- Ownership of the vision and direction for advanced analytics and insight products to make the Uber advertising data understandable, accessible, and scalable across our advertising team’s ecosystem
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to set the data technology strategy and implementation for Ad Tech platforms, including Ad Servers, DSP, SSP for both managed service and self-service advertising needs
- Assessing build/buy decisions for new data capabilities through POCs and prototypes, keeping in mind long-term vs. short-term trade-offs
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers and data scientists to understand Uber Advertising data needs, representing key data insights visually in a significant way
- Optimize data pipelines, dashboards, frameworks, and systems to facilitate easier development of data artifacts for Measurement and Insights team
- Partner with the Product and Engineering team on how Uber Advertising data infrastructure engineering efforts will be designed, developed, and operationalized across multiple portfolios and drive adoption across Uber Advertising Tech
- Influence product and cross-functional teams to identify data opportunities to drive impact
- Find opportunities to use all data sources, including 1st party, 2nd party, and 3rd party data to enhance audience effectiveness
- Facilitate new technology integrations within and outside of the platform with digital vendors and internal data warehouses to enhance audience capabilities
- Work with Product & Engineering to identify changes to internal Ad systems / tools that reduce the occurrence & impact of bottlenecks affecting delivery scalability, and improve the efficiency & quality of ad campaigns
- Participates in cross-functional team decisions and projects to improve overarching process, workflow, and growth of Uber Advertising
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years' experience in AdTech/digital advertising at a data-driven, technology company
- 5+ years' experience in technology, advertising, and/or operations
- Proficiency in SQL
- Demonstrated success in solving sophisticated technical problems
- Understanding of Ad Tech business fundamentals
- Demonstrated ability in planning and setting technical direction
- Experience in building and or integrating DSP, SSP, Ad Server technology platforms in support of self-service advertising
- Deep understanding of publisher monetization technologies for display, video, and audio - including GAM, header bidding, programmatic operations, affiliate marketing, and Digital Media
- Experience working with data management platforms (ex. Krux, Cxense, etc) and analytics tools (ex. Google Analytics, ComScore, etc).
- Leadership capabilities, advanced interpersonal skills and proven problem-solving skills
- Has excellent verbal, written, and communication skills to convey sophisticated technical solutions clearly to an organization
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Customer focused and passionate about building great experiences for Uber users and advertising clients all over the world.
- Experience with LiveRamp, Data Platforms (DMPs/CDPs), Data Clean Rooms (Habu, Snowflake, etc) and Audience Marketplaces
- Analytical, data-driven approach with proven experience in data modeling
For Chicago, IL-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $133,000 per year - $147,500 per year.
For New York, NY-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $148,000 per year - $164,000 per year.
For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $148,000 per year - $164,000 per year.
For all US locations, you will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We’ve grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company’s discretion.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada