Global Lead, Customer Insights & Analysis-Uber Advertising
About the Team
Uber Advertising’s vision is to offer the most marketplace-centric advertising to connect Uber's platform users (eaters, riders, and earners) with advertisers. Uber Advertising’s platform brings together location based and shopping data with closed loop attribution across its mobility and delivery channels for performance and brand campaigns, enabling advertisers to engage with our consumers through the entire marketing funnel - from awareness through purchase to loyalty and advocacy for Uber users.
At Uber, we have set up a new Uber Advertising division to spearhead the growth of its advertising business. By building a dedicated advertising organization and a suite of advertising products, Uber Advertising will enable merchants and brands to reach and convert its highly engaged user base across its Mobility and Delivery platforms in 32 markets.
About the Role
As the Global Customer Insights & Analysis Lead, you will partner with top global and national brands on media strategies and solutions that harness Uber Advertising’s unparalleled global scale and Go/Get audiences. You will play a substantial role in bringing customer behavior insights (Riders and Eaters) and trends to advise media strategy and investment by using Uber’s first party customer data at a global scale. You will partner closely with Ad Sales and Marketing organizations by delivering concrete customer and audience insights.
This role requires an individual who is analytical, diligent, and a self-starter to join our team as a Global Customer Insights & Analysis - Lead. This role is a highly visible position central to the continued growth, efficiency, and success of Uber Advertising. The role will have broad exposure across Analytics, Ad Sales, and Marketing teams within Uber Advertising. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in data and analytics with a deep understanding of the brand and performance media. In this role, you will need to excel at:
- Communication- You can anticipate the needs of business collaborators in the relevant business context
- Analytical expertise - You excel at crafting and building new and impactful customer studies. You are equally strong at getting into the weeds and making sure that the data needed to support these metrics is consistent and available. You are very comfortable rolling up your sleeves when needed and developing models and algorithms at scalusingng our first party data.
- Data Visualization - You excel at using visualization to build compelling stories by integrating multiple datasets into cohesive insights.
- Phenomenal storytelling- You can tell the story behind the data and resulting insights to executives. You can customize your communication style based on customers.
What You’ll Do
- Lead Uber Advertising engagement on customer and audience insights business questions in partnership with the Ad Sales team for strategic partner accounts
- Deliver Media and Audience Insights that drive more thoughtful media planning and investments
- Responsible for end-to-end analytics lifecycle from gaining alignment on learning agenda with Advertisers to communicating practical next steps and recommendations
- Build analytics narratives by connecting the dots across various audience levels to tackle existing business challenges
- Leverage various analytics techniques to perform sophisticated analyses (cluster analysis, profiling and segmentation, custom audience creation, customer lifetime value, path to conversion and loyalty drivers).
- Collaborate with the Uber Advertising Sales and Marketing teams for the development, execution and delivery of customer insights needs to influence media investment strategies and business growth opportunities
- Ensure delivery of assigned insight analyses with end-to-end ownership, clear communication, detailed project plans and operational processes that drive visibility & accountability with Ad Sales, Marketing & Analytics collaborators
- Accountable for media insights through analytics and predictive modeling around our products like new targeting methods, customer segmentation models, marketing mix models, multi touch attribution and advertiser-facing recommendations
- Support development of executive level presentations and perspectives
- Support the Ad Sales/Marketing teams in handling day-to-day operating activities and strategic projects
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years' in a technical, data-driven, advertising or operations role
- Hands on data analytics experience within SQL
- Proficiency in BI Tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Self-starter looking to develop and apply analytical frameworks to help solve complex open-ended business questions with relevant data.
- Strong analytical skills and thought leadership
- Familiarity with Ad Servers, DSPs, DMPs, onsite & offsite targeting
- Understanding of publisher monetization technologies for display, video, and audio - including GAM, header bidding, programmatic operations, affiliate marketing, and Digital Media
For Chicago, IL-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $133,000 per year - $147,500 per year.
For New York, NY-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $148,000 per year - $164,000 per year.
For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $148,000 per year - $164,000 per year.
For all US locations, you will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We’ve grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company’s discretion.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada