Strategy and Development Manager - New Verticals
About the Role
We are currently looking for New Verticals manager to lead our business end-to-end in Belgium!
In this role, you will lead a team to deliver on our ambition to be the platform of choice for consumers, merchants, and couriers. You'll be responsible for developing data-driven insights, creating strategies, and scaling the most impactful and innovative business initiatives to grow our Grocery & New Verticals business in Belgium.
This role calls for a well-rounded combination of strategic thinking, stakeholder management, and leadership skills. We operate in a fast-paced environment, so we are looking for a highly adaptable candidate who is able to adjust between long-term critical initiatives one moment and rapid, tactical actions the next.
What the Candidate Will Do
As New Verticals Manager, you will support the growth of the Belgian business, translating global vision into a locally inspiring strategy and plan:
- Leadership & Ops Management - Lead the Belgian New Verticals’ business operating cadence, track performance, drive accountability across various teams, e.g. Account Management/Sales, and identify areas of focus and opportunities
- Strategy - Build inspiring, bold business plans to operate successfully in a highly driven, fast-paced industry, to establish Belgium as a key country in the New Verticals portfolio
- Team management - Build, structure, and empower the team to achieve ambitious growth targets; attract, empower and develop a hard-working team and build an incredible culture for your people with customer experience at the heart of everything you do
- P&L management - Achieving growth objectives within budget constraints, through constant P&L optimization
- Project Management - Identify, plan, and implement projects and root cause analyses to improve our existing processes for account management and customer programs.
- Stakeholder management - Organize and bring together the work of a wide range of cross-functional stakeholders including Account Management, Sales, Support, Product, Finance, CommOps, Comms, and Legal to ensure consistent and appropriate focus
- Account Management and Sales - Negotiate, manage and develop the key New Verticals accounts in Belgium while your team is growing
What the Candidate Will Need
- 5+ years of experience in Startup, Strategy Consulting, Operations Management, or another relevant field
- Data-driven decision-making mentality and sound commercial competence. Excel modeling is required and SQL knowledge is helpful.
- Unparalleled business judgment and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly establish the highest value priorities and come up with a strategy to pursue them
- Experience problem solving and proposing outstanding solutions to complex issues
- Experience developing and implementing project proposals (end-to-end)
- Experience in leading process and performance improvements by using data and insights
- Experiment to build quickly. This individual will need to identify and evaluate solutions for short and long-term operational problems
- Experience working closely and presenting effectively with a diverse set of stakeholders in a constantly evolving, rapid-growth environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French or Dutch
- Strong Excel/Google Sheets or SQL proficiency
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We’ve grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company’s discretion.
\* Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada